Black Friday

Looks like Juiced Canada is offering up to $2,000 discount :eek:

More info: https://www.juicedbikes.com:D

Stay tuned for our black Friday/cyber Monday sale. Up to $2000.00 off select models! November 23-26th.

We have a full slate of CCS and CCS 52/21 in stock with 12.8/19.2ah 48V (S) and 21ah 52V batteries

CCS 52/21 XL frame brushed aluminum Sold out!

Save $600.00 on U500 32 AH! Save $200.00 on the 2018 OceanCurrent 500W in army green.

Special! $250.00 off a two bike order! We offer free bike shipping to most Canadian addresses.

Want to try before you buy? Check out our new (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

They don't sell the Ripcurrent though, do they? Need to get that from the US Juiced Bikes

I just opted for the Volt Yukon 750 Limited. Hope I'll be happy with it.

...Roger

That Izip Moda is essentially the Raleigh Redux I bought for $3k and am very happy with. If it REALLY sells for $1500 this weekend it’ll be a truly smokin deal.
Well... looks like iZip just raised the price by $750 of the iZip Moda ebike TODAY right before thanksgiving from $2999 to $3749. So if they do -$1500 that's only $2249 or just $750 off from where the price was for a very long time of $2999. At $1499 I was seriously considering but at $2249, and WITHOUT a suspension fork, it is no longer on my list. iZip just lost a customer. Oh well....
https://www.izipelectric.com/commuting.html

Amego has some discounted prices on several great bikes. Save $400 Off IN-STOCK Amego, Elby, Opus, Tern & Benno. Save $1000 Off IN-STOCK Riese & Mueller and OMNI 48V Stromers!

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Well... looks like iZip just raised the price by $750 of the iZip Moda ebike TODAY right before thanksgiving from $2999 to $3749. So if they do -$1500 that's only $2249 or just $750 off from where the price was for a very long time of $2999. At $1499 I was seriously considering but at $2249, and WITHOUT a suspension fork, it is no longer on my list. iZip just lost a customer. Oh well....
https://www.izipelectric.com/commuting.html
Ditto. I was eyeing a Moda for hopefully $1500 ish, but saw the price jump. No longer the great deal I was hoping for.
FYI there might still be an IZIP e3 Protour for $1699 here: http://www.orbitcitybikes.com/product-page/izip-e3-protour-cobi
Not sure if that will go down for BF (note that shop is small and closed tomorrow - they might lower their price on Sat? or could be in-store only), also not sure if they actually ship for free.

That Izip Moda is essentially the Raleigh Redux I bought for $3k and am very happy with. If it REALLY sells for $1500 this weekend it’ll be a truly smokin deal.

Absolutely! That is the model and discount that appealed to me. Glad to hear from someone who owns and rides basically the same bike the positive experience and feedback.

How do you like it? How many miles you have on it? I hear mid motors are hard on the drivetrain and the chain. Have you had any issues with it? I sent you a pm but you may have missed it... the Moda and the Redux come in Small/Medium/large on their step-over, and small/Medium on their step-thru. But other than the top tube, everything is the same for the Small/Medium between the step-over and step-thru. If you have a Medium, I would appreciate it if you can measure and let me know the min & max saddle height distance from the ground. That's the distance from the ground to the top of the saddle with the seat post at the minimum position and the maximum position (there should be a max mark on the seat post saying you can not extend the seat post higher than that). Thank you.

I’ve a small, sorry.

I really, really like my Redux. I’m constantly thinking of the little things that make this ride so sweet. The Brose display is super nice, love the fact it has 10 ‘ticks’ instead of the more common 5. It charges my phone, is removable, has a walk assist function that I actually use. The motor is so quiet I rarely notice it. These are the first fenders I’ve ever had that don’t rattle! I always thought I was a skinny tire guy but the 2.4 inch Super Moto X tires are wonderful, really smooth out the bumps. My 30 year old panniers fit on the little skinny rack!

All that said, I wonder if other riders might be disappointed in how much work it would take to average speeds much above 20 mph. I bought this bike to make climbing hills possible- which it ably does- but if someone wanted to ride easily at high speeds I think they should look elsewhere. I am regularly passed by acoustic bike riders, since I tend to average around 16 mph on the flats. THIS IS WHAT I WANTED- it really feels like a (pretty heavy!) regular bike to me- but I know others are looking for someth8ng different.

Beyond that, my only real regret is the 500w battery. I’ve eked 52 miles out of it, but would love the ability to do that with less anxiety, or to ride 60 miles or farther without stopping to charge. If I’d bought a Bosch bike, I would probably look to buy an extra battery, but even if I could find a Redux battery at a reasonable price it’d be too large to carry on the rack. Ah, well.

Apparently Raleigh/Izip are moving to Bosch for these models next year, which might suggest weaker support moving forward. In spite of that, I think $2250 for this bike is a great price, wish I’d had the chance to buy it for that. My experience with Brose motor has been trouble-free (600+ miles), I plan to ride this. Ike for years.

HAIBIKE: Great price on a 11sp only 42lb super fast class 3 Bosch Performance Speed 2018 Haibike XDURO URBAN S 5.0 (MSRP: $4,699 on sale for $1999 or 57% off).
https://www.haibikeusa.com/2018-xduro-urban-s-5-0.html
Also Haibike Hardnine and Radious tour for $1499.
https://www.haibikeusa.com/sale-bikes.html?cat=62

Having a hard time finding any reviews on the 2018 Urban S 5.0 (and the 2016 model had the cheapskate TransX drive that was poorly reviewed). Also, looks like actual market price is closer to $3500 (which still means this is a great deal, just having a harder time justifying it with no reviews available).

Having a hard time finding any reviews on the 2018 XDURO Urban S 5.0 (and the 2016 model had the cheapskate TransX drive that was poorly reviewed). Also, looks like actual market price is closer to $3500 (which still means this is a great deal, just having a harder time justifying it with no reviews available).
The 2016 XDURO Urban S RX that Court reviewed is very similar but with a smaller Bosch 400 11.1Ah battery. The 2018 XDURO Urban S 5.0 has the higher Bosch powerpack 500 13.9Ah. The Bosch motor is the same (Bosch Performance Speed, 350W), the frame is the same, the drivetrain is the same, rims & tires are the same, brakes are the same (Magura MT4 Hydraulic Disc with 180 mm Rotors, Magura MT4 ), the XLC anti-shock stem and seatpost are the same, pretty much everything else is the same.
https://electricbikereview.com/haibike/xduro-urban-s-rx/

Last edited:
The 2016 XDURO Urban S RX that Court reviewed is very similar but with a smaller Bosch 400 Ah battery. The 2018 XDURO Urban S 5.0 has the higher Bosch powerpack 500Ah.
The Bosch motor is the same (Bosch Performance Speed, 350W), the frame is the same, the drivetrain is the same, rims & tires are the same, brakes are the same (Magura MT4 Hydraulic Disc with 180 mm Rotors, Magura MT4 ), the XLC anti-shock stem and seatpost are the same, pretty much everything else is the same.
https://electricbikereview.com/haibike/xduro-urban-s-rx/

Thanks, great review. Decisions, decisions. . . .

It isn't necessarily a "black friday" thing, but a lot of local bike shops try to clear out inventory in November and December because very few people purchase bicycles in the winter months and they need to free up floor space for next year's models and for things like skis that they can sell in the winter months. This effect also strongly applies to big box retailers like REI.

So it probably won't hurt to go prowl in your local bike shop this weekend...

Again, right now I am more about bike stuff than a new e-bike. I am lusting after this spiffy handlebar bag and (Link Removed - No Longer Exists), both of which are unlikely to be discounted.

Wow $170. for a handlebar bag is ridiculous. The stem bag looks like a good idea though.

I learned a long time ago that the "expensive" bags outlast the cheap ones 3 to 1. Although an inexpensive bag may look good and appear the same as costlier models, they rarely last. Zippers & pulls break, seams split, vinyl material cracks and the bag looses whatever waterproofing it may have had. If you do a lot of riding, buy the good quality brands.

Back