Black Friday Free Shipping, NOT!!

Mister Ug

Region
Canada
Just priced out a bike on Biktrix.ca, where they advertise free shipping. Well, that free shipping was going to cost me $600, plus the price of the bike. Little bit of false advertising I do say. 😩

Just priced out a bike on Biktrix.ca, where they advertise free shipping. Well, that free shipping was going to cost me $600, plus the price of the bike. Little bit of false advertising I do say. 😩
We advertise "free shipping for ebikes to contiguous Canada and US". Where are you located? Would be easy to check if your location is part of contiguous Canada/US and hence verify your alleged false advertising :)

Why not talk to the seller before making a fool of one's self on a public forum?

Nova Sc
We advertise "free shipping for ebikes to contiguous Canada and US". Where are you located? Would be easy to check if your location is part of contiguous Canada/US and hence verify your alleged false advertising :)

Nova Scotia. didn’t know that Atlantic Canada was not part of contiguous Canada

Here’s the pricing. And what they say on their webpage.

Attachments

• B422017F-7EE2-42CE-87E8-DC62E314A314.jpeg
    B422017F-7EE2-42CE-87E8-DC62E314A314.jpeg
    186.9 KB · Views: 188
  • 12DDCC79-3ECA-4516-91CE-83198DAF79BD.png
    12DDCC79-3ECA-4516-91CE-83198DAF79BD.png
    890.7 KB · Views: 195
Ug

In a civil discourse one communicates with a seller before pouting in public.
Could be a simple web site error, but… “*Exceptions apply

Attachments

• D5858B43-E55C-4675-AF10-8DC76113C876.jpeg
    D5858B43-E55C-4675-AF10-8DC76113C876.jpeg
    45.5 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
I'm with you OP, this site has a lot of Biktrix followers though don't expect many others on your side😅. Saying "all Canadian provinces." and then excluding 4 of them is absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with you OP, this site has a lot of Biktrix ass kissers though don't expect many others on your side😅. Saying "all Canadian provinces." and then excluding 4 of them is absolutely ridiculous.
It's not Biktrix followers. It's long-time members reading trash posters like you that bite off more than they can chew...

You've given nothing to this community. ALL of your posts and your use of this forum have been to complain about your issues and trash Biktrix.

When we buy eBikes direct without LBS support we sign up as warranty service and setup mechanics. Obviously out of some skill sets.

You're not buying an eBike, you've only used the forum to trash Biktrix.

Move on and get over it.

I get a kick how all these rants have a list of every nut and bolt that isn't right. Assembly of a bicycle is not rocket science, there are many videos about bicycles on Youtube. Didn't you read about the bike weight when shopping? A dot of blue Loctite fixes any bolt loosening. Every bike will make noise after riding. Standard operating procedure to tighten fasteners and make alignment changes. Many people complain about bicycle noise and it's often a loose seat fastener. Seats see a lot of pressures, not matter the weight of the rider. It's due to the cadence speed and the number or body moments during the act of pedaling. Is the leak from the tube, tube fitting, or piston o-ring? It's hard for them to warranty leak responsibility. You make just have a loose fitting on the tube. Finding eBike repair locations is a known issue since the day people started buying on-line eBike sellers. Sorry you consider this a deal breaker, just reads like regular bicycle maintenance to me. Nice way to enter the forum with a company bashing on your first post. But you sure aren't the first one to do that, we get a lot of these!

It's not Biktrix ass kissers. It's long-time members reading trash posters like you that bite off more than they can chew...

You've given nothing to this community. ALL of your posts and your use of this forum have been to complain about your issues and trash Biktrix.

When we buy eBikes direct without LBS support we sign up as warranty service and setup mechanics. Obviously out of some skill sets.

You're not buying an eBike, you've only used the forum to trash Biktrix.

Move on and get over it.
It is though. No where does Biktrix advertise/advise that "When we buy eBikes direct without LBS support we sign up as warranty service and setup mechanics."

OP and I are doing more for readers by warning them than you are by coming into our threads and insulting us.

It is though. No where does Biktrix advertise/advise that "When we buy eBikes direct without LBS support we sign up as warranty service and setup mechanics."

OP and I are doing more for readers by warning them than you are by coming into our threads and insulting us.
Show me a single post where you actually hrlp someone rather than whine over not reading the terms…

I can understand the added shipping cost to Newfoundland and the northern territories, but P.E.I., New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia puzzles me.

Ask Roshan, but it appears these two are just interested in trolling Biktrix. @Deacon Blues have you confirmed your observation is correct?

Out of curiosity I went through the process of ordering a bike online to see if shipping is free to my location (Vancouver Island on the west coast).
Shipping was free for me and strangely enough also free for PEI, YT, NT, and NU , but shipping wasn't free in Mr. UG's screen shot for these locations. I don't know if it matters, but the bike I ordered was over twice the price Mr. UG ordered.
I have no bone to pick with Biktrix, just confused as to why there would be two different shipping rates.

Screen Shot 2022-11-27 at 7.58.34 AM.png

Out of curiosity I went through the process of ordering a bike online to see if shipping is free to my location (Vancouver Island on the west coast).
Shipping was free for me and strangely enough also free for PEI, YT, NT, and NU , but shipping wasn't free in Mr. UG's screen shot for these locations. I don't know if it matters, but the bike I ordered was over twice the price Mr. UG ordered.
I have no bone to pick with Biktrix, just confused as to why there would be two different shipping rates.

View attachment 141200
That's not what your screenshot is saying, it's saying free shipping to Vancouver but exclusions apply to remote locations in the listed provinces. It isn't even accurate - from my limited testing it applies to all locations in those provinces, not just remote locations, and also applies to provinces not listed there like NB. I picked a spot in downtown Moncton and a $5k bike and it charges 600 for shipping.

Nova Sc

Nova Scotia. didn’t know that Atlantic Canada was not part of contiguous Canada

Here’s the pricing. And what they say on their webpage.
This does seem like a website bug. You could have simply contacted support to clarify. We would have taken care of that for you. Like we do for any customer/prospective customer who faces issues with our website or our products.

Though it is quite far, it is still reachable by truck.
1669744592397.png

Now that we know what kind of a customer you will be (my derailleur is skipping, let me trash the company online rather than contact support), you should probably just seek some other bike company anyway or just buy at your local bike shop. Looks like the website bug worked like a buyer qualifier AI in this case.

This does seem like a website bug. You could have simply contacted support to clarify. We would have taken care of that for you. Like we do for any customer/prospective customer who faces issues with our website or our products.

Though it is quite far, it is still reachable by truck. View attachment 141362

Now that we know what kind of a customer you will be (my derailleur is skipping, let me trash the company online rather than contact support), you should probably just seek some other bike company anyway or just buy at your local bike shop. Looks like the website bug worked like a buyer qualifier AI in this case.
Like you took care of me when my brakes started leaking 2 months in? Give me a break. You imply OP was lying with your first post in this thread (could have taken 2 mins to verify it was true like I did), then come back 6 days later with "it's a bug" and shame him some more.

Like you took care of me when my brakes started leaking 2 months in? Give me a break. You imply OP was lying with your first post in this thread (could have taken 2 mins to verify it was true like I did), then come back 6 days later with "it's a bug" and shame him some more.
I don’t remember your case specifically but we have sent many free parts to many customers when they have had issues.

With the OP, the original post had no info on what he was trying to buy or from where. We don’t offer free for all shipping. Hence why I had to clarify.

The web bug has been fixed since it was brought up by another customer to our support team and we even gave him a small gift for bringing it up.

Yes it took me 6 days to reply to a third party forum post. I unfortunately don’t sit all day looking at forums.

I don’t remember your case specifically but we have sent many free parts to many customers when they have had issues.

With the OP, the original post had no info on what he was trying to buy or from where. We don’t offer free for all shipping. Hence why I had to clarify.

The web bug has been fixed since it was brought up by another customer to our support team and we even gave him a small gift for bringing it up.
My brakes started leaking 2 months after I got the bike, like I said. I don't know what you do with other customers, I only know what you did with me.
Yes it took me 6 days to reply to a third party forum post. I unfortunately don’t sit all day looking at forums.
You were quick to imply OP was lying with your original post, like I said, it took me 2 minutes to confirm OP was telling the truth. Very unprofessional. Always nice when your employees do public laughing emojis at unsatisfied customers as well.

Back