bike stand for maintenance for an ebike

Does it work well for general use while riding? I have the same bike as you and have been looking for a kickstand for a while.
Yes, it actually works well in the field with the ground irregularities! ;)
1603898499065.png

Rather than spending money on a maintenance stand (which I may do yet) I used a rack mounted, "top tube hanger style" bike rack.
In this case I borrowed a friend's, as my rack is a platform style. I was reasonably happy with the results - I had a small stool to sit on while doing drive train maintenance and it was quite comfortable to do the work.

I intend to wait for a used "el cheapo" for sale online, as I see no reason to spend anything more than $25 or $30. There were some on sale in FB Marketplace, but they were too expensive for my needs.
Our 2 cars have hitches with one being 2" (Volvo XC70) and the other 1.25" on my VW (Sportswagen).

My Swagman platform rack has a 2" adaptor and is mainly used on the Volvo when travelling longer distances. I often just use the back of my VW when transporting locally.

Bike Stand rack.jpg
Rack Mounted.jpg
Maintenance Setup.jpg

Ordered the same kickstand. It showed up today. Any tips for installing? I did not receive any instructions or torque specs for the bolts.
Based on the size of the bolts, I went with 8-10Nm and a bit of Loctite. ;)

Based on the size of the bolts, I went with 8-10Nm and a bit of Loctite. ;)

Arrived today, seems like a quality kickstand.

How far out did you adjust the length of your kickstand? How many "clicks " are visible?

Excited to finally have a kickstand on this bike.

Arrived today, seems like a quality kickstand.

How far out did you adjust the length of your kickstand? How many "clicks " are visible?

Excited to finally have a kickstand on this bike.
I adjusted the stand to the maximum extension. Works well!

The Grand PitStop Motorcycle Wheel cleaning stand didn't work because my bike has knobby tires. Trying to get it to work was really frustrating. If my tires were smooth I believe these rollers are the way to go. Now I am forced to going back to bribing those neighbor kids to hold my bike up while I lube the chain drive and wash the tires, etc. I will just keep looking for an alternative because ice cream and candy for those kids is getting expensive.​

Thanks for your update. I also have knobbies and was planning on purchasing the wheel rollers for back wheel cleaning/chain lube work. Looks like I will go with what FlatSix has referenced with his Moto stand. Seems very stable, quick and easy method opposed to doing the knobbies over rollers.

Do not waste your money on the Pittsburgh Folding sets,I figured I would grab the cheap set-well you get what you pay for,I bought a fairly expensive American made ball-end metric and standard set, very good.
Okay thanks for the heads up! I have been going to HF on/off for years and most of the items purchased met my satisfaction with reliability. For other tools, my goto has usually been Craftsmen. For example, anything with a ratchet seems to hold up quite well and can take a beating.

Lectric XP Bike Stand
Check out this you tube video on making a bike stand for a Lectric XP. It is real simple to make and a fraction of the cost and more effective than purchasing a bike stand. I am getting the materials at Home Depot this weekend. I will let you know the outcome. The biggest obstacle I see doing maintenance on an ebike is the weight unless you have a stand that can handle 64 pounds, in my case. Even if I were to purchase an expensive bike stand I can't imagine hoisting that kind weight without getting a hernia or hurting my back. I am curious your thoughts on this bike stand.

Lectric XP Bike Stand
Check out this you tube video on making a bike stand for a Lectric XP. It is real simple to make and a fraction of the cost and more effective than purchasing a bike stand. I am getting the materials at Home Depot this weekend. I will let you know the outcome. The biggest obstacle I see doing maintenance on an ebike is the weight unless you have a stand that can handle 64 pounds, in my case. Even if I were to purchase an expensive bike stand I can't imagine hoisting that kind weight without getting a hernia or hurting my back. I am curious your thoughts on this bike stand.
Good job, a fresh idea.

Lectric XP Bike Stand
You could probably use the smaller stand for the back wheel and not have to build the tall one. Though having two is nice.

Had a good experience with the kickstand today out in the field. Felt a little flimsy, but surprisingly held the weight of my bike with the rear panniers fine. Just what I needed. Thanks.
Glad to hear!

Be sure to re-torque the threads after a few rides and a bit of Loctite wouldn't hurt. ;)

Okay thanks for the heads up! I have been going to HF on/off for years and most of the items purchased met my satisfaction with reliability. For other tools, my goto has usually been Craftsmen. For example, anything with a ratchet seems to hold up quite well and can take a beating.
Sometimes you can find a real"gem" at a garage sale.

Seriously though( this doesn't really apply to bikes) get a 24" Volt Kobalt impact tool, these things are simply amazing, you will find you can leave most of the air impact tools in the cabinet( I do not have one just borrow my Brothers impact tools have bought a smaller Ryobi 3/8s impact wrench for personal use- fits my "tool constellation" of 18 volt things, got it from "Tools Direct" for a hefty savings, they are my Ryobi default supplier these days)

Back