bike stand for maintenance for an ebike

I'll take a few photos when the new moto stand arrives next week. ;)

Great! I have to say the "Wheel Roller Stand" caught my attention immediately. It would probably be the most practical for my current needs. I also see that Harbor Freight carries a similar design for a few dollars less. Seems like the perfect solution for doing light maintenance.

image_21243.jpg

Great! I have to say the "Wheel Roller Stand" caught my attention immediately. It would probably be the most practical for my current needs. I also see that Harbor Freight carries a similar design for a few dollars less. Seems like the perfect solution for doing light maintenance.

image_21243.jpg
Gotta love HF... might also double as a winter trainer! :p

I wouldn't use as a winter trainer because the kickstand is what is keeping the bike upright. The advantage of this wheel roller is it allows easy access to the drive train to lube chain , clean wheels and adjust the derailleur. E-bikes are much heavier than traditional bikes which means if you want to use a bike stand it will need to hold sturdy 50 to 70 pounds or more which will require a heavy duty bike stand costing at least $200.00 or more. For my maintenance bike needs, I believe, this will work. I live in an apartment so drilling holes in the ceiling would be frowned upon. There is a video on Amazon that illustrates how this works and because it is small you could take it with on a ride. I will keep you posted once I receive it and actually use it.

Thanks Bob, Im putting that on my list.
Sure thing! My next trip out to my local store will allow me to pick it up along with other useful tools. They have great prices on Pittsburg full hex wrench sets. Well made and fast in/out service.

I picked this up on Amazon for $89 shipped. Holds up to 60lbs. Easy to assemble and secures the front wheel/ handlebars to keep them from flopping about. So far, it's been a great stand. Has a useful tool tray on the upright, too.
1603061864099.png

Sure thing! My next trip out to my local store will allow me to pick it up along with other useful tools. They have great prices on Pittsburg full hex wrench sets. Well made and fast in/out service.
Do not waste your money on the Pittsburgh Folding sets,I figured I would grab the cheap set-well you get what you pay for,I bought a fairly expensive American made ball-end metric and standard set, very good.

I picked this up on Amazon for $89 shipped. Holds up to 60lbs. Easy to assemble and secures the front wheel/ handlebars to keep them from flopping about. So far, it's been a great stand. Has a useful tool tray on the upright, too.
View attachment 69040
Dang I am tempted to spring for this device, my home made 5 minute bike stand leaves a bit to be desired, I never knew how difficult it would be to work on bikes until I started making and working on ebikes( its amazing what I have learned from "osmosis".)

I would like to see a bike stand that had a built in jack system, where you could ratchet the bike up from the ground. Would be a real back saver for us senior ebike riders.

Oh boy, I couldn't agree more. As much as like the stand above, lifting the bike into it is work. Every time I use it I am thinking......if it only had a hydraulic lift, or pneumatic.

The Grand PitStop Motorcycle Wheel cleaning stand didn't work because my bike has knobby tires. Trying to get it to work was really frustrating. If my tires were smooth I believe these rollers are the way to go. Now I am forced to going back to bribing those neighbor kids to hold my bike up while I lube the chain drive and wash the tires, etc. I will just keep looking for an alternative because ice cream and candy for those kids is getting expensive.​

i Have two fully charged batteries and this may be the solution to reduce the charge to about 50% before storing them for the winter.

Take a look at this model... it can be used for bike maintenance and storage. ;)
View attachment 68141
I have used these before with traditional bikes and they work fine. You do need to make sure you install it correctly. Since the cords on them are nylon they tend to stretch and can cut into your hands with heavier loads, like an ebike. I used these for years for storing bikes but got rid of them because I kept having to duck under them to move around in the garage. I ended up replacing them with an upright apartment bike stand that holds 2 bikes. It's great for storage not so much for maintenance.

I have used these before with traditional bikes and they work fine. You do need to make sure you install it correctly. Since the cords on them are nylon they tend to stretch and can cut into your hands with heavier loads, like an ebike. I used these for years for storing bikes but got rid of them because I kept having to duck under them to move around in the garage. I ended up replacing them with an upright apartment bike stand that holds 2 bikes. It's great for storage not so much for maintenance.
Can you post a link? Thanks

Back