Bike related Christmas gifts

RandallS

Region
Canada
City
Calgary
I'm happy to say i recieved a couple of lovely christmas presents that are bike related.

First, a pair of 3 season gloves.

Secondly, a nice piece of art.
1608966239973.jpg

What bike related stuff did you get?

I gave this as a gag gift to my brother:

funny-ebike-e-bike-biker-cycling-moon-tees-transparent.jpg

It seemed rather appropriate considering the times we're living in now.

In regards to the art I showed in the first post, it's an American artist named Jim Musil. That print is appropriatly named "Bicycle Shadow" and he comments on it in his online catalogue.

I quote:
"A super rare self portrait! I ride my bike all year long -- even through the winter. I love it! I log over two thousand miles a year through sun, rain, or snow. I also take thousands of photos while biking in hopes of collecting some great reference material. Many of my paintings are actually shots taken from my bike. Occasionally, when the sun sits low in the sky, my long shadow finds it's way into these scenes. It was my birthday this weekend, so I thought it would be fun to celebrate my way of being. Enjoy!"

Several years ago I let my husband off the hook for all Christmas, birthday and anniversary presents: all I want is one international trip a year with his full participation. No trip this last year. No trip probably this coming year. Sigh. So this year, for Christmas, I got him to saw 1.5"/ 3.8cm off the ends of my handlebars, because they were really wide and I think it will be better for my shoulders to have my arms more in a straight bodyline. So there: my bike-related present. I'm happy with it.

Just reviving this thread in hopes that someone has a new bike or accessories they want to share a photo of. My only bike related gift I bought for myself ... a front basket that I will install later. Merry something or other, everyone!

Just reviving this thread in hopes that someone has a new bike or accessories they want to share a photo of. My only bike related gift I bought for myself ... a front basket that I will install later. Merry something or other, everyone!
I got us a Gravel Roadster that I hope will arrive in Seattle by the time I get there in May!

I got us a Gravel Roadster that I hope will arrive in Seattle by the time I get there in May!

May is a LONG time from now ... shouldn't be any issues with that. That's a sweet looking bike as well.

Back