Bike powered Flashing lights - do they exist?

billium

I am getting a new Ride1Up 700 next week which come with your basic just legal front & rear lights.
They are probably worthless for daytime use so I started looking for reasonably bright 48V flashing lights that I can use instead that car drivers will notice.
I can't find any! I have looked on Amazon, Ebay, AliExpress and several expensive light companies - nobody seems to sell them.

Almost all aftermarket battery powered or rechargeable lights have flashing mode(s) because that is what buyers want ( & need) so I am really surprised that bike powered lights don't have flashing mode.

Basic requirements for front and rear:
  • 12-52 VDC power
  • Solid-on mode + at least one flashing mode using a button
  • Comes on in same mode it was in last time power was supplied to light
  • Bright enough for daytime use
  • Usual permanent mounting options

Any ideas?

Lezyne only sell European spec lights 6-12V and flashing on attached lights is not allowed in Europe.
Grin Tech's only rear light spec says "No on/off switch or blink mode, just steady red when power is present."

The rear light is my concern - making sure passing cars notice me.

Lezyne only sell European spec lights 6-12V and flashing on attached lights is not allowed in Europe.
Grin Tech's only rear light spec says "No on/off switch or blink mode, just steady red when power is present."

The rear light is my concern - making sure passing cars notice me.

The Lezyne lights have 3 brightness modes and 2 flashing modes. You would have known that if maybe you checked it out.

European Spec? What? Do you mean STVZO? They can flash.
Anyways good luck.

I did look over the Lezyne site per your suggestion but did not find any 48v lights at all!
I would love to be wrong so please point me to a model or link.

The spec I referred to is an EU rule that does not allow flashing lights as part of a bike. Add on battery powered lights are not covered by the rule.

Here it is

"I purchased this headlamp for my Raleigh Lore. I used it daily in DC city streets and it has been helpful. I am visible to cars but it also shines bright enough for me to see the road ahead. I like that the light has 5 modes; 2 flashing, and 3 levels of brightness. Install was easy and the lead cables were long should you need to travel far for power."
-Reviewer

I havent seen many great rear lights that plug in directly to the ebike battery, but one I do really like but is out of stock is the Juiced Tail light. Apparently lots of other people like it too.

Found this Light and Motion Tail Light too...looks pretty decent but its a bit small.
Link to purchase, link above is out of stock but has a better description if you are interested.

Also Light and Motion has a headlight that is similar to their tail light.

Last edited:
Your light and Light & Motion are low voltage only ( 6 - 18V) but the Juiced light looks like what I need!
Thanks

If the KD218 display on your Ride1up has the USB port option, you can use it to charge the self contained battery used in many different light sets. In effect, this makes any rechargeable light "bike powered". I do this to power my Olight Marauder off road flood light.

My 700 does not have a USB port but even if it did I would worry about water getting in the USB plug at the rear light. I may just try to mount an additional battery light with 5+ hrs of runtime under the mounted light to get by until a true replacement becomes available.

I am getting a new Ride1Up 700 next week which come with your basic just legal front & rear lights.
They are probably worthless for daytime use so I started looking for reasonably bright 48V flashing lights that I can use instead that car drivers will notice.
I can't find any! I have looked on Amazon, Ebay, AliExpress and several expensive light companies - nobody seems to sell them.

Almost all aftermarket battery powered or rechargeable lights have flashing mode(s) because that is what buyers want ( & need) so I am really surprised that bike powered lights don't have flashing mode.

Basic requirements for front and rear:
  • 12-52 VDC power
  • Solid-on mode + at least one flashing mode using a button
  • Comes on in same mode it was in last time power was supplied to light
  • Bright enough for daytime use
  • Usual permanent mounting options

Any ideas?
Calibikes sell a 80v front and rear light set that plugs into his 48 v batteries. The front light is so bright I have had people look away from it, because it hurt their eyes in DAYLIGHT! $25

Take a look at these ones from Pinhead Locks...

Just a tap with your little finger and they flash a bright yellow. They also turn off by themselves. They are rechargeable. Might be difficult to wire in to the battery since they fit into the ends of the handlebar.

Back