Bike Mirror

byunbee

Last time when I took a fall my Mirracycle mirror became loose and I think dropped somewhere on my ride home. The mirror worked for the most part, but it was a bit clunky.

I just got my new mirror.

I like this much better. It's compact and can fold away and comes in 75% or 50% anti-glare glass. I ordered the 50% after seeing some reviewers complain about how dark it is unless the sun is bright. It functions very well and I highly recommend it, for those that are looking to get one. It's much after to glance at the mirror than to turn your head to see what's behind you.

I paid $14.90 + tax on Amazon, but it's out of stock right now.

IMG_0331.jpgIMG_0333.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got rear mirror for my Gazelle. Had to move things around a bit on handlebar, but works great. Easy buy on Amazon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200715-073733_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20200715-073733_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 376
I have this same mirror. The only problem is it's a stainless steel material and scratches very easily. So I bought a replaceable stick on one and placed it inside. The view is even better.

Getting mirror was a such a huge relief for me. I got one for Walmart, and it is very easy to put on take off the bike. It works well, but the adjustable mirror part doesn't stay in place when I hit bumps.

Edit: there's a knob on the handle part that can be twisted to tighten the mirror in place.

Screenshot of Finder (7-18-20, 12-02-57 AM).png

I'm thinking about ordering this one from Amazon.

Screenshot of Safari (7-17-20, 11-57-27 PM).png

Both the Hafney and Venzo mirrors look great, but will they fit on the handlebars? I know they'd fit on my existing bike, but not sure about my intended purchase (if and when there's available stock to buy).

Getting mirror was a such a huge relief for me. I got one for Walmart, and it is very easy to put on take off the bike. It works well, but the adjustable mirror part doesn't stay in place when I hit bumps.

View attachment 59304
I use this one all the time and a pretty happy with it. It can be tightened down to make it more bump resistant. Having to adjust it fairly often is a con, but it's very easy to do. I do like that it's so easy to put on and take off.

I let someone try my bike once and they really liked the mirror and wanted to know where I got it.

TT

Last time when I took a fall my Mirracycle mirror became loose and I think dropped somewhere on my ride home. The mirror worked for the most part, but it was a bit clunky.

I just got my new mirror.

I like this much better. It's compact and can fold away and comes in 75% or 50% anti-glare glass. I ordered the 50% after seeing some reviewers complain about how dark it is unless the sun is bright. It functions very well and I highly recommend it, for those that are looking to get one. It's much after to glance at the mirror than to turn your head to see what's behind you.

I paid $14.90 + tax on Amazon, but it's out of stock right now.

View attachment 54516View attachment 54517

Looks like the Mirracycle mirrors are now back in stock.

I prefer the hand mirrors that can be worn over your gloves and don't interfere when off-road or downhill riding.

1595100996081.png

I use this one all the time and a pretty happy with it. It can be tightened down to make it more bump resistant. Having to adjust it fairly often is a con, but it's very easy to do. I do like that it's so easy to put on and take off.

I let someone try my bike once and they really liked the mirror and wanted to know where I got it.

TT
[/QUOTE

Awe, thanks for letting me know it can be tightened. It never dawned on me to twist the knob on the handle. Duh. Lol. Road around this eventing, and the mirror stayed in place. Thanks.

I love my mirrcycle and don't find it clunky at all. I love how I can tuck it under my handlebar without it jutting out and reducing clearance. I tried the Venzo mirrors on Amazon and while there was nothing wrong with them I found the mirrcycle actually had better visibility without the added bulk. I tought the wider view of the Venzo mirrors would give more visibility but it really only served to add bulk and give a wider view of things I didn't care about.

Awe, thanks for letting me know it can be tightened. It never dawned on me to twist the knob on the handle. Duh. Lol. Road around this eventing, and the mirror stayed in place. Thanks.
My pleasure! It didn't take me too long to figure that out, but longer than I wished!

TT

Back