Bike Mirror

Cut the grip end off with a very sharp knife, I'm serious. (Exercise caution to not cut yourself). I had done that on one of my bikes. The alternative is to buy better grips with bar-end plugs.

I didn't cut a hole in my stock ergonomic grips (Venzo brand) as it seemed this would compromise the integrity of the grips (I noticed they were held in place by a similar tensioning mechanism as the mirrcycle). YMMV. I decided to upgrade to Ergon GP5 grips which have end caps. While the Ergon GP5 don't feel any better in the primary hand position I absolutely LOVE the extra hand positions provided for by the horns. I would say 40% of the time I am using the top of the horns.

@TomD, take my advice and order the GP3 instead. I own both models. The GP5 feel as "too much of a grip" to me.

I never use the side of the horns (feels unnatural and spreads my hands too far) so the GP3 would not work for me. I am surprised how much I am using the top of the horns - it really helps provide leverage on hills and feels like a more comfortable position in other situations. I am temped to get some butterfly bars for even more hand posiions but not sure it will work with mirrcycle.

1594881590505-png.59063

Cut the grip end off with a very sharp knife, I'm serious. (Exercise caution to not cut yourself). I had done that on one of my bikes. The alternative is to buy better grips with bar-end plugs.
Oh! So cutting is required. I'd rather not cut into the grip since I doubt I would get the perfect cut. Maybe I'll return it and get the mirror type that clips on the actual handlebar. Thanks for the speedy reply.

I never use the side of the horns (feels unnatural and spreads my hands too far) so the GP3 would not work for me. I am surprised how much I am using the top of the horns - it really helps provide leverage on hills and feels like a more comfortable position in other situations. I am temped to get some butterfly bars for even more hand posiions but not sure it will work with mirrcycle.
I perceive the outside grip as holding the steering wheel 😊

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting mirror was a such a huge relief for me. I got one for Walmart, and it is very easy to put on take off the bike. It works well, but the adjustable mirror part doesn't stay in place when I hit bumps.

Edit: there's a knob on the handle part that can be twisted to tighten the mirror in place.

View attachment 59304

I'm thinking about ordering this one from Amazon.

View attachment 59305

My husband and I have the handlebar Hafny mirrors on our Gazelles- this anti glare version (there are 3 types of Hafny mirrors). We really like them.

Posted in another mirror thread too but I'll add my input here.
Screenshot_20200908-173127__01.jpg

I mounted it to my extender bar instead of the handlebar. I didn't want it to stick out the side too far....Ive already lost one mirror that way.

The downside is my view is restricted by my left arm a little but I can still see quite a bit.
IMG_20200909_174536_Bokeh__01.jpgIMG_20200909_174420_Bokeh.jpg

Hi everyone,

I purchased the Mirrycle mirror below but how does one install it on a bike with ergonomic grips (NCM Moscow)? All the information online is for regular bar ends but the ergo grips don't have a cap. I'd greatly appreciate any help! Thanks.

Just cut the end of the grip off.

Back