Bike advice; can't decide.

Daverp

I have been researching for a couple of weeks and I would like to order a bike this weekend. I could use some advice from the veterans here.

Looking to ride for fun and exercise. I have some knee and and calf muscle issues along with a weight issues so I'm looking for bike to help smooth out the hills but still offers exercise on the flats. I'll be riding mostly paved paths, and groomed fine gravel trails.

Basics:
6ft tall, 325lbs.
budget under $2k.

I originally was looking more budge and going with Eahora but I've decided a better quality bike would be wiser purchase and something higher wattage due to my weight.

After researching I was leaning towards the Ride1up 700, but that will not be back into stock until end of June.

My other choices are:

Ride1up Lmt'D - seems almost perfect for me but risk is a new unproven model.

Aventon Level - close to the price of the limited, but less power, and no water bottle mounts. Rack is nice but don't really need that.

M2S All Terrain Sport R500, good reviews but their shipping costs are high when you take into account every other vendor I'm looking at is offering free shipping. Also does not have water bottle mounts.

I am leaning towards the Lmt'D and would be thankful for any advice.

Dave

Take look at Crazy Lenny's... sort by price and then ask questions here. Good luck.

Suggested restock and delivery are purely speculation at this point. If you want to ride, find something in stock if you can. I'm guessing that some models won't be back in stock until September.

Also look at bicycle blue book. Some nice deals can be had on quality brands and models.
This might be a good start bike. 350w Mid-drive motor with 68 nm torque.

You probably won't get it for a few months. :confused:

There are some threads on this pandemic delivery, ebike companies are only taking deposits or pre-order only.

Even if they say the bike will be ready by June or July, they keep postponing it.

If you want an ebike now, I'd suggest you talking to a shop that actually have stock and ready to ship.

Good point regarding delivery... Crazy Lenny's and Bicycle Blue Book have their bikes in stock. ;)

More reading material if still considering options...

You probably won't get it for a few months. :confused:

There are some threads on this pandemic delivery, ebike companies are only taking deposits or pre-order only.

Even if they say the bike will be ready by June or July, they keep postponing it.

If you want an ebike now, I'd suggest you talking to a shop that actually have stock and ready to ship.
That is what I'm worried about, but Ride1up is insisting their inventory is already in route. Aventon is saying the same. A couple other companies I checked with are giving the "we hope" or "we expect"

"en-route" could still be weeks out with the potential for delays.

"en-route" could still be weeks out with the potential for delays.
very true, but to be clear Ride1up is saying they already in route for shipping early June. Aventon says they expect to ship in 11 days. Delays could and do happen, and likely will, they are at least well into the boat ride over at this point.

I was in the same boat. Aventon has cadence sensors vs the torque sensing on both Ride1Up lmtd and rize 2020 with 17aH and torque upgrade.

I went with ride1up lmtd. I was told early June, like shipping around the 8th or so. They don't have fenders or a rack available just yet but should have racks sometime soon and said most racks that fit disc brakes should work but that remains to be seen.

I had also considered Juiced but see issues on the juiced owners forum and with most things being near equal I went with the LMT'd

Back