Bicycle Sports Pacific Vancouver

Silvercat

Hi,
Has anyone purchased an ebike from BSP, in Vancouver, BC?
I noticed they were advertising an ebike with no incorrect nm on the motor, 75 instead of 85 and online reviews have expressed serious concerns regarding customer service.
Thank you!

Well, this won't be relavent since I bought a Cannondale MTB at the downtown BSP location off Burrard 24 years ago. I never went back for any service, but I can't imagine doling out lousy service would allow them to keep 4 locations alive in the Vancouver region. I was in the BSP Langley location last week and the staff was great.
My pet peeve with most LBSs is they are often staffed with kids in their 20s who know notthing about the products they're selling. It's really noticeable when I have been researching things on the web and often know more about the products than the guys selling it. With the web, there's no excuse for them not knowing the stuff they're selling. Hell, a few months ago I was in an MEC. (for Americans, that's like an REI) I was looking for panniers and the kid only knew roughly where they were located in the bike department, and nothing more than that. I don't know how most kids these days can even keep jobs. They have zero interest and are always on their phones. CN

Well, this won't be relavent since I bought a Cannondale MTB at the downtown BSP location off Burrard 24 years ago. I never went back for any service, but I can't imagine doling out lousy service would allow them to keep 4 locations alive in the Vancouver region. I was in the BSP Langley location last week and the staff was great.
My pet peeve with most LBSs is they are often staffed with kids in their 20s who know notthing about the products they're selling. It's really noticeable when I have been researching things on the web and often know more about the products than the guys selling it. With the web, there's no excuse for them not knowing the stuff they're selling. Hell, a few months ago I was in an MEC. (for Americans, that's like an REI) I was looking for panniers and the kid only knew roughly where they were located in the bike department, and nothing more than that. I don't know how most kids these days can even keep jobs. They have zero interest and are always on their phones. CN
Thanks and totally agree with you! Zero interest except for their damn cell phones…pathetic! Too many allowing themselves to be controlled by an addictive small piece of metal and plastic!
I have never owned nor will ever own a cell phone…and I have successfully held a demanding position in the mental health field.
Good to hear that you were happy with the Langley location.
Thanks again!

I have only purchased accessories and parts from BSP and my experience was ok. They weren’t great, but weren’t terrible either.

Thanks!
Curious re recommendations for a bag (no panniers) for my Trek Allant 7 rack…a Racktime one.
Be great to have a snap on bag so that installing and removing is easy, fast. Velcro straps work but of course take time to thread around bars
Thanks!
PS. Bike shop prices are quite high here so maybe Amazon.ca has alternatives.

My pet peeve with most LBSs is they are often staffed with kids in their 20s who know notthing …
maybe those young adults are tired of being called “kids” and not too motivated to provide good service to people who refer to them as such 😂😂😂

maybe those young adults are tired of being called “kids” and not too motivated to provide good service to people who refer to them as such 😂😂😂
Maybe those ‘young adults‘ are simply looking for excuses to avoid responsibility and accountability. Obviously, we cannot paint everyone with the same brush! There are young adults who are very responsible and who provide exemplary service in all walks of life. Just as there are many ‘young adults’ who choose to find any possible excuse to avoid responsibility.
I have been in numerous bike shops and the majority of young sales staff (most are young…younger than 30) have been seriously lacking in bike knowledge. I treat all with total respect but it is very frustrating and certainly not helpful when staff have very little knowledge. They need to take the time to learn! Of course, that takes some effort.
As a shrink, I am not impressed with those, regardless of age, who show total apathy regarding personal responsibility and accountability. Too many people want ‘everything’ handed to them on a silver platter. If one wants a better life, work for it! A novel concept for too many.
Happy and safe riding to all !

They keep their jobs because there is massive labour shortage these days. Aging population, people retiring, plus many young people don’t move out when they are 20 years old or so anymore, so they don’t have to pay bills and don’t care about having a job.

Last edited:
Maybe those ‘young adults‘ are simply looking for excuses to avoid responsibility and accountability. Obviously, we cannot paint everyone with the same brush! There are young adults who are very responsible and who provide exemplary service in all walks of life. Just as there are many ‘young adults’ who choose to find any possible excuse to avoid responsibility.
I have been in numerous bike shops and the majority of young sales staff (most are young…younger than 30) have been seriously lacking in bike knowledge. I treat all with total respect but it is very frustrating and certainly not helpful when staff have very little knowledge. They need to take the time to learn! Of course, that takes some effort.
As a shrink, I am not impressed with those, regardless of age, who show total apathy regarding personal responsibility and accountability. Too many people want ‘everything’ handed to them on a silver platter. If one wants a better life, work for it! A novel concept for too many.
Happy and safe riding to all !
I been going to a number of bike ships the last week and most of the young people were as your stated but one shop had a young lady who was very knowledgeable. Exceptional young people are luckier these days, less competition.

They keep their jobs because there is massive labour shortage these days. Aging population, people retiring, plus many young people don’t move out when they are 20 years old or so anymore, so they don’t have to pay bills and don’t care about having a job.
I work in the Port of Vancouver. Young people are not coming to work on weekends. It`s insane.

On another note, I am buying a bike from Wattwagons. Their Hyrda eMTB. Small little outfit outta Boston.

Back