Bianchi Debuts e-MTB with Massive Battery

Beautiful Italian design... more detailed information from Electrek. ;)

1569736861241.png

You'd have to be very brave & confident to take a high priced carbon fiber bike down some knarly single track.

LOVE those side-facing lights for night visibility for other traffic...

I agree... the integrated light package with a wrap-around headlight and rear stay tail lights is well done. ;)

1571607785529.png

1571607704128.png

1571607913133.png

Attachments

• 1571607598639.png
    1571607598639.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 512
$8,000?? the price has to come down on high powered e bikes before they can go mainstream. I do not personally know one person that would spend $10,000 on a bicycle.
Just like anything else technology and design will improve and eventually costs will come down. That is when these things are in every house .

$8,000?? the price has to come down on high powered e bikes before they can go mainstream. I do not personally know one person that would spend $10,000 on a bicycle.
Just like anything else technology and design will improve and eventually costs will come down. That is when these things are in every house .

I agree regarding the high price point... and think Bianchi is positioning this model at the high end for the brand Halo Effect.

They will probably produce very limited numbers of this bike and hope to attract new buyers to other lower price models. ;)

$10,000 for an ebike in the weight range of 52-60lbs?

I was shopping for ebikes TWO YEARS AGO and was looking at 720w batteries in Bulls and BH ebikes that weighed the same and cost half as much. And they had better 21700 cells. I am offended that this what Bianchi is offering for the year 2020.

And it's got 'ram air' cooling with exhaust for the battery? Yes, all our non-rammed batteries are overheating. 🙄😜 Nice gimmick, but you know what those holes into the battery mean to me? Ram dust, ram water, ram contaminants.....all to a place they shouldn't be and shouldn't need to be. ☹☹

They want it to be 'motorcycle inspired'. You want motorcycle inspired? Maybe give me more than a puny 250w, 70 newton metered, Shimano Step motor with 2017 technology....especially if you're going to put the price in the stratosphere.

Problem with these high end emtb manufacturers is that they are most concerned with making their bikes look sexy and cool. They cater to fanboys and aren't stepping up to revolutionize the industry. Every time I see one of these, my eyes water for how good they look, but I get depressed about the pricetag/lack of innovation ratio.

Last edited:
this frame looks like the vapor ware of Haibike Flyon whose motor could use the vents in theory. Also if this didnt say it was a "massive" battery and just a battery would we be as critical of the bike? I think it would have helped but his brought attention and kept the thread going, done on purpose??

According to Electrek... ;)

When it comes to price, make sure you’re sitting down. The Bianchi E-SUV ranges from €6,790 to €10,490, though it’s far from the most expensive bikes we saw at Eurobike.

And you’ve got some time to save up too since the bikes won’t be out until March of 2020. Time to start counting those pennies!

Last edited:
Not if there’s a ram filter, lol.

Do you think a well known brand like Bianchi would have thought of that? If they didn't, that is just poor attention to detail. Would be interesting if they have a well designed system in that area as well.

Last edited:
Not if there’s a ram filter, lol.
Do you think a well known brand like Bianchi would of thought of that? If they didn't, that is just poor attention to detail. Would be interesting if they have a well designed system in that area as well.

No filter is shown in the diagram... ;)

Attachments

• Bianchi-E-SUV-battery-cooling-system.jpg
    Bianchi-E-SUV-battery-cooling-system.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 557
Back