BH Warranty and US Market

been there done it all. All the bolts have the torque spec on them.
Two of the three bolts also have lock washers and nylock nuts on them.

Two additional suggestions... hope this helps ;)
  • Torque the crank arm bolts and chainring bolts.
  • Remove plastic motor covers and Loctite the bolts.

I have the Rebel Lynx 27.5 Lite

Two problems,
the free hub went to sh** Cost me $250 out of pocket to get back up and running from the LBS.
My motor mount bolts keep coming loose and making a terrible noise in the bottom bracket.
I've tried everything and I have to tighten them about every other ride.

What was the problem with the freehub? Did your lbs just changed the freehub?

What was the problem with the freehub? Did your lbs just changed the freehub?
bearings.jpg

BH nor Lenny was any help in providing a part number, manufacturer of the hub etc. Zero help.
The LBS said there are A LOT of possibilities in free hubs and you are taking a crap shoot just guessing.
So they said they would get a whole complete wheel that will fit and swap the tire over.

I got a better rim, wider more robust and a good quality hub for $250 out the door.

View attachment 59195

BH nor Lenny was any help in providing a part number, manufacturer of the hub etc. Zero help.
The LBS said there are A LOT of possibilities in free hubs and you are taking a crap shoot just guessing.
So they said they would get a whole complete wheel that will fit and swap the tire over.

I got a better rim, wider more robust and a good quality hub for $250 out the door.

Do you have the Rebel Lite PW model, or the Rebel Lynx PWX model?

Ok now it makes sense. Hopefully this new wheel and hub will last you a long time.

I had freehub play last year. Since the hub was xlc (an inhouse brand of haibike) I couldn't find even a diagram showing the order of the parts during installation. Still I serviced it myself fairly easily relubed and put it back together with a bit of guesswork and it has been running great for almost a year now.

From the picture it seems like you could have cleaned and re-assambled with new ball bearings or the worst case you could have changed it with a new hub for around $25.

From the picture it seems like you could have cleaned and re-assambled with new ball bearings or the worst case you could have changed it with a new hub for around $25.

The LBS should have offered to open the hub and do that. They make more $ bu selling a hub+rim/lace it .
I would not use that LBS i the future. The ball bearings are 8-15$, grease another 5$, 25$ like you said...

Sorry I didn't mention it and what the photo doesn't show is a deep groove worn into the shaft. It was toast.
It took a dump 7 miles back in on single track and I rode it out. I knew it was going to be ugly.

ruffruff - Sorry to hear about your issues. I'm had the same stuff happen to me for over the last two years with a BH bike. The trip to Wisconsin is over 1600 miles for me. No help there. The reason these people don't care is because no one in there right mind will litigate something from $250 to whatever the cheap original cost of the bike was. They are planning on that for their income.

Local is good idea, 1600 miles away is a crap shoot. Of the two bikes I've had shipped to me, one was a great deal and has worked flawlessly for 5+ years. The other was a little more expensive and lasted only 49 miles. I've gone thru every remedy listed above and the bike still does not work. Should have thrown it out as soon as it hit the 49 mile mark with the time and effort I've put into trying to get it fixed.

If BH is ever planning on re-entering the North American market, they will have to answer to those individuals who bought their bikes, with the promise of a 5 year warranty on the motor/battery/electronics, and then pulled the plug with no help for those needing warranty support.

Frankly, as a BH owner, even though I have had no issues with my Yamaha PW-X engine, I would never buy from this company again.

If BH is ever planning on re-entering the North American market, they will have to answer to those individuals who bought their bikes, with the promise of a 5 year warranty on the motor/battery/electronics, and then pulled the plug with no help for those needing warranty support.

Frankly, as a BH owner, even though I have had no issues with my Yamaha PW-X engine, I would never buy from this company again.
The Yamaha motor is pretty bullet proof...it's the other stuff that is the problem.

But yes, it's frustrating and I sold the bike so as not to deal with it any more.
Replaced it with a Norco- bought at the LBS.
Dealing with Crazy Lenny was well Crazy!

I have the Rebel Lynx 27.5 Lite

Two problems,
the free hub went to sh** Cost me $250 out of pocket to get back up and running from the LBS.
My motor mount bolts keep coming loose and making a terrible noise in the bottom bracket.
I've tried everything and I have to tighten them about every other ride.
Greasing the first two inches near the heads of the motor mount bolts helps eliminate the noises. This is in addition to using a thread locker on the nuts.

I had the same problem with my bike recently. I was getting two noises, one from the hub and the other closer to the motor. I started looking at the hub and found that one of the races on the rear hub axle had been poorly made and some of the race had actually broken off, making the bearings very rough. I took it to a local shop and they ordered a hub and re-laced the wheel. It took almost three weeks to get the bike back. In the meantime, not holding out much hope, I contacted BH. I got a prompt response (within 24 hours) with the part number and an invitation to order it through one of their dealers. I called Crazy Lenny's and spoke to a service manager (Conner). He ordered the part then shipped it to me at no cost to me. It arrived two days after the wheel had been rebuilt. I could have saved $240 if I'd known all this in advance.
To sum it up, BH seemed to have this oddball axle issue, Crazy Lenny stepped up and handled the problem at no cost to me, about as quickly as the local bike store could fix it.

The noise closer to the motor turned out to be a very worn out chainring. I had replaced the chain and cassette when I first investigated the problem, but the chainring necessitated a new tool so I had not replaced it yet. As soon as I put the chainring on the noise completely disappeared. With the new chain and cassette it also shifts better. It also allowed me to move to a 34 tooth chainring, which suits my local riding in North Carolina much better. I downgraded to a Deore cassette hoping it has more steel in it. If I could find a steel chainring for a cheap price I'd use it instead of the aluminum one I got. But the only steel rings I found were near $100 and the aluminum one was less than $20. In the future I will just know to change the drivetrain before I get 900 miles on it (that's about how many miles were on it when I started noticing a bit of noise). BTW, I'd bought the chainring, chain and cassette late last year - all for about $105 total.

BH contact was Lukasz Kuzniarz at [email protected]

Hope this info helps someone in the future.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
BH Bikes Europe S.L.
Lukasz Kuzniarz
Aftersales
+34 945180805 (Spain) Ext. 249
www.bhbikes.com

Attachments

• BH rear axle photo (1).jpg
    BH rear axle photo (1).jpg
    709.8 KB · Views: 334
BH contact was Lukasz Kuzniarz at [email protected]

Hope this info helps someone in the future.
Yes that's exactly how I dealt with this when I had 2 issues in about 13.000miles and they sent me the parts FedEx express , even if you want to order an ebike from them you can still get the ebike in United States. It will be ordered through their past dealers from here.
I gave this same advice before but people seem to be reluctant and very negative about it still .

Well why did I get the shaft? I contacted BH and CrazyLenny and they both told me to take a hike!

I cannot say why they singled you out for poor service. They've been quite helpful to me, both sales and service.

I wanted to post my experience so that other readers would know that CrazyLenny and BH can be a positive experience too. I am glad eBiker01 also had a positive experience.

Back