Best value?

kahuna40

I purchased a Rize Leisure Step last year for roughly 2k and at that time they were selling the bike with the 750 watt rear hub Banfang, racks, fenders, a torque sensor, and what seems to be almost non existent now, a 48v19ah battery. I haven't seen any bikes come close to this amount of value for the dollar now. The new Rize line have reduced their battery sizes and are more expensive by a couple hundred bucks.

The only company I've seen that seem to offer this same level of value is Juiced. For around $2,300 you're getting everything I mentioned above plus a 52V19AH battery. So although it is a 300 more you do get the 52V battery.

It is just something that I've noticed with the newer e bikes coming out. I figured with competition from so many other bike companies prices would be reducing or at least you'd be better more bang for your buck. I guess it is inflation and the supply chain issues.

I absolutely love my Rize bike. I have had 0 issues with it and it is crazy powerful. I don't think I would purchase a bike that had any lower specs that it has in the future. I was just wondering if you all had noticed any bike companies packaging together value like Rize or Juiced in terms of what I had listed.

Rize fan here too ('20 RX Pro). Pretty sure most of the increases are due to the current transportation/freight issue. In simple terms, it's costing the bike manf's WAY more to bring them here, then distribute them. Many advertise they're doing that "free", but I'm pretty sure the cost of that "free" freight is buried in the asking price....

REI is selling their Co-Op CTY e-2.1 bike for $1,999 and it has a Shimano battery pack, fenders, integrated lights, hydraulic disc brakes, and a strong welded on rear rack. Comes with 27.5 x 1.95 street tires but the rims will take a tire up to 2.3" wide. It is mid-drive so not problems with fixing a flat tire. Best part is that the bike weighs 50.5 lbs which is considerably lighter than many of the e-bikes.

I had two of the Yamee and they were great but weighed in at a very hefty 70 lbs and so I needed a special rack and a motorcycle ramp for loading them. The rear hub drive made changing tires far more complicated and I need to carry a couple of large wrenches just to remove the wheels.

Back