Best Rear Rack for Trail Tracker!

L Weaver

Hi-
Anyone found a good rear rack for a trail tracker?
I have looked at a couple of different ones for fat tire bikes, but not sure which is best...looks like all need some modifications...

Thanks

Hi! I am an owner of the Pedego Store in Scottsdale, AZ. We have sold several of the Topeak MTX Beamracks for both the Trail Tracker and Ridge Rider. These racks are "floating" racks that attach to the seatpost in a second or two and can be removed as easily. Topeak has a large variety of bags that will slide right onto the rack track. Here is a link: https://www.amazon.com/Topeak-QR-Be...d=1475784582&sr=8-4&keywords=topeak+bike+rack

Thanks, @Kathy Puryear and welcome to you and your ebike shop! Seatpost racks are a great and simple solution when it's not possible to mount a rack any other way. Personally, I've found that the kind that have 4 seatpost bolts stay on better and sway less with a load on them but do take a little longer to remove than the Quick Release type.Topeak racks are in general better built than some brands and they do have a cool slide on & snap locked mounting system that's faster to mount or remove than those with velcro straps. A little more pricey but built to last longer. Each style has value.

I have an IBERA seatpost rack on my Ridgerider. Overall, I like it, but there are a few things about the rack that I dislike:
1. It sits really high and I often hit it with my leg when mounting or dismounting. This might not be as much of a problem with a taller rider who has his seat higher than mine.
2. The seat post clamp stays tight most of the time, but a couple of time it has loosened up while riding on rougher trails and potholed gravel roads.
3. I originally bought the rack to use to two bikes; my Ridgerider and my old commuter bike. After switching between bikes a half a dozen times the threaded bolt started to show wear and I worried that I'd eventually strip the threads. I now just leave in on my Ridgerider.

I have an IBERA seatpost rack on my Ridgerider. Overall, I like it, but there are a few things about the rack that I dislike:
1. It sits really high and I often hit it with my leg when mounting or dismounting. This might not be as much of a problem with a taller rider who has his seat higher than mine.
2. The seat post clamp stays tight most of the time, but a couple of time it has loosened up while riding on rougher trails and potholed gravel roads.
3. I originally bought the rack to use to two bikes; my Ridgerider and my old commuter bike. After switching between bikes a half a dozen times the threaded bolt started to show wear and I worried that I'd eventually strip the threads. I now just leave in on my Ridgerider.
Regarding bolts loosening sometimes, try using some threadlock, blue color version. It will hold them tight from vibrations and can still be broken with a wrench.

For frame mount try looking at the Axiom Journey Uni-Fit MK3. They have some patented brackets that may work on the TT Their customer support recommended them for a Ridge Runner that I plan to get this spring. Not sure how universal but I like their load capacity.

Back