Best Practices: Creating a Signature

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
To create a signature make sure you're logged in to the forums then click your name in the top nav bar and select "Signature" on the left... or you can click this link (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
  1. Be transparent about who you are, do you work in the Ebike space? Own a shop or work for a brand or manufacturer? This helps people know what questions to ask you and avoid conflicts of interest
  2. Have fun but keep it text only and stick to one or two lines... no additional line breaks please as this requires people to scroll a lot, don't be distracting but feel free to link to a relevant resource like your shop's website
Here's a great example of a signature that works, Chris owns a shop and in his signature he is clear about this and lists the brands he carries. He is here for fun, learning and helping people but is honest about his possible bias and also creates a way for people to connect and buy from him... He is not being overly promotional or tacky, his signature looks professional and doesn't go more than two lines or have unnecessary styling and spacing, he links words vs. using full URLs.

chris-nolte-signature-ebr-forums.jpg

Here's what the back end looks like where you can edit your own signature:

edit-signature-ebr-forums.jpg

Last edited:
Does this action take time to process?

I've tried several times this evening without success.

Clicking save on it's own doesn't seem to work, and clicking preview then save doesn't either.

sig1.JPG

@EddieJ , the change should be immediate; I'll take a look and let Court and the programmer know. Court has been making a lot of updates on the site all day and we may need to tweak settings for this. Thanks for the heads up and your patience!

Does this action take time to process?

I've tried several times this evening without success.

Clicking save on it's own doesn't seem to work, and clicking preview then save doesn't either.

View attachment 7511
Hi Eddie, it looks like you were able to get your signature working properly? Sorry about intermittent errors, we have been migrating and upgrading the forums and there seem to be a few more things to fix. I tightened up your signature to be on one line to save space. Thanks for listing your websites! I have had a blast following you on Facebook and love the photos and stories you share :)

Hi Court.

Many thanks for the kind words. :)

Oddly I still can't see the signature from my end.

This is a screen shot from this page as I view it.

ebr3.JPG

Hi Court.

Many thanks for the kind words. :)

Oddly I still can't see the signature from my end.

This is a screen shot from this page as I view it.

View attachment 7592
Interesting... are you logged in? I believe signatures do not show for people who are not logged in... This is what I'm seeing for you:
Screen Shot 2016-07-22 at 9.43.28 AM.png

How very odd. I'm definitely logged in, and I have tried viewing with both IE and Chrome.

Don't stress over it. :)

@EddieJ, thought we had this fixed; however, there's obviously still a problem! :) Might have something to do with the database errors that keep showing up.

I created a signature to see if i could see:confused: On my mobile device (Galaxy s7 Active), in portrait view all signatures are omitted. In landscape, all are visible. I don't know if that's by design or a bug to be fixed.

That's weird, J.R.; however, when I do work on the site from my phone, portrait bumps a lot of stuff all the way to the bottom and chops off other things. I can't see any signatures on my desktop computer right now. :(

Back