Benefits of R&M?

I would have never bought an e-bike from a brand with no local representation (the situation of R&M in Poland). Seen posts of that guy from Ukraine? His Nevo headlight broke, and Supernova agreed to replace one. Now, the man has no idea how to disconnect the lamp from the e-bike. Anyone could help him? I do not think so; nobody wants to help him, R&M including. Then he needs to send the lamp to Germany. Just fantastic.

1700457144929.png

It is not an R&M e-bike.

1700457394390.png

Would R&M (figuratively speaking) upgrade your e-bike to the next generation electronics free of charge and then replace your cracked frame to a new one, all within 4 years? I don't think so.

I reckon you guys in NZ have a local R&M representation, haven't you?

I would have never bought an e-bike from a brand with no local representation (the situation of R&M in Poland). Seen posts of that guy from Ukraine? His Nevo headlight broke, and Supernova agreed to replace one. Now, the man has no idea how to disconnect the lamp from the e-bike. Anyone could help him? I do not think so; nobody wants to help him, R&M including. Then he needs to send the lamp to Germany. Just fantastic.

View attachment 166763
It is not an R&M e-bike.

View attachment 166764
Would R&M (figuratively speaking) upgrade your e-bike to the next generation electronics free of charge and then replace your cracked frame to a new one, all within 4 years? I don't think so.

Yes I believe there are three - Auckland (biggest city) Wellington (Capital city), Christchurch (where @peterh_nz & I both live and bought our bikes within a few weeks of each other )

Yes I believe there are three - Auckland (biggest city) Wellington (Capital city), Christchurch (where @peterh_nz & I both live and bought our bikes within a few weeks of each other )
That explains why R&M is so popular in NZ. Brisbane in AU has a good representation of R&M, too.
R&M is represented in 18 countries. Not a lot taking into account EU alone has 27 member states and two associated members.

View attachment 166763
It is not an R&M e-bike.

View attachment 166764

The R&M frame wouldn't brake in the first place...also given their dealer support I'm sure they'd move heaven and earth to take care of someone with a significant failure.

RE guy in Ukraine, any Bosch dealer can perform that service work, by no means does it have to be a R&M dealer. That said, buying a bike with no local representation isn't a great idea...depending on where in the Ukraine he is there might be bigger fish to fry at the moment!

RE guy in Ukraine, any Bosch dealer can perform that service work, by no means does it have to be a R&M dealer. That said, buying a bike with no local representation isn't a great idea...depending on where in the Ukraine he is there might be bigger fish to fry at the moment!
I think you have no clue.
If you think Ukraine has any R&M or Bosch E-Bike representation than you are very wrong. Ukraine is even not in the EU. You might wonder why Garbaruk (which is an Ukrainian company) resides in Poland...

That explains why R&M is so popular in NZ. Brisbane in AU has a good representation of R&M, too.
R&M is represented in 18 countries. Not a lot taking into account EU alone has 27 member states and two associated members.
I bought my SC2 from the dealer in Brisbane AU it was on the shop floor and the specs suited me fine (rolhoff e14 , kiox etc). Now my health wasnt improving and i had to sell it. The bikes still have some el cheapo bits fitted that fail eg. crappy rubber flap on charge port which i think has been changed now). I mainly only used gear 5 to start, 7/8 to cruise and 11+ but since its locked to 25 kph the high gears are largely unused. I put an unlock chip in it which enabled up to 52 kph but that was still a hard pedal.Now i just buy a frame and DIY my ebikes much cheaper and no compromising on what i want.

crappy rubber flap on charge port

I persevered with the rubber seal and after a bit of use it became easy to use and, after more than three years, still provides a good waterproof seal. Cheap and crappy ... not my experience.

Wasn't the 25k/hr (32?) limit in the original specs?

Cheers

Last edited:
I persevered with the rubber seal and after a bit of use it became easy to use and, after more than three years, still provides a good waterproof seal. Cheap and crappy ... not my experience.

Wasn't the 25k/hr (32?) limit in the original specs?

Cheers
Yes 25kph in AU.
Also the bosch emblem on the motor fell off just glued on.

Back