Belt drive + throttle suggestions

Mikaylablossoms

Hi y’all I’m still looking for the bike for me. I realized that I really value a throttle, and then I started thinking that a gates carbon belt drive + igh shifting would be ideal.

I know Evelo has their aurora limited edition offering this right now, but does anyone know others?

I’ve also thought of just getting something with a throttle and chain with derailleur.

I’m likely going to be using this bike 90% of the time as a shopping vehicle to carry groceries and bags. Probably the other 10% would be a ~15 mile ride to my parents house up some pretty gnarly Pennsylvania Appalachian hills/mountains.

I’ve thought of the electric bike company, Pedego, biktrix, rad, and Ariel rider but so far evelo is really the only one with a bike that has everything I want, but with that $4000 tag... thanks for the suggestions ?

If you want the Gates carbon belt drive, that adds $$ upfront. Ditto internal gearing. At some point you need to crossreference what you need, what you (only) want, and what you can pay, and see where those triangulate!

Cheapest belt drive with an IGH & throttle is going to be a DIY conversion like a Priority Turi with a front hub motor like the EBO Burly. The Tern HSD S8i or Giant LaFree E+1 are great bikes with local bike shop support but no throttle. Give up the belt drive and the Biktrix Stunner or Ariel C-Class offer an IGH + mid-drive + throttle combo that would be fine for your needs and come in around or just above two grand, both are mail order bikes however so you would need to find a local shop able and willing to support you.

Last edited:
Back