Beeping Loud Horn

I went a cheaper route and found one on Amazon that’s just a horn, no separate alarm although there is one similar to the one sold on Juiced. I have used the horn and it is helpful. I use it only for cars, not pedestrians and only when I’m riding on a bike path along a street or on a street. I have a bell I use for pedestrians. I rarely leave my bike parked out long. Just for short trips to the supermarket in a very nice safe area.

Yes, it's reliable and very loud. And I'm thankful for the loudness every time I had to use it, which is at least a couple of times per ride.

The beep that it does on it's own is more of a short chirp, with the loudness of the chirp when you arm or disarm the alarm function. Mine will give that chirp once in a while, as frequent as once or twice within an hour. And sometimes no chirp for days, then I go touch the bike and it will give a chirp. I can live with the intermitten chirp, but other than that, the horn is awesome.

I asked about that chirp here before when I first got the horn but no one replied so I assume it was just mine acting up. But I guess others are seeing the same thing now as more people are getting their hands on it.

Thanks again, @thatdude902 (once for the bike stand parts).

So wacky that it chirps randomly! o_O Do you use the alarm functionality? Or mostly leave the key fob at home?

I have used the alarm a couple of times when locked. So I carry the key fob with the key for the bike lock when I use the bike for errands. The fob is pretty small, ~ 2" x 1-1/16".

I have the horn and i thinks it's great and yes it chirps all the time but no big deal.
and you can buy the same horn on line for $25 with no alarm and get it faster then juiced
both are shipped from china.

I have the horn and i thinks it's great and yes it chirps all the time but no big deal.
and you can buy the same horn on line for $25 with no alarm and get it faster then juiced
both are shipped from china.

Yep, I got the $25 one on AliExpress, works great.

I thought mine was defective because it kept beeping. I live in an apartment so I didn’t want it beeping in the middle of the night while I was sleeping. But I realized it only beeps when you touch/move the bike. So if the bike is sitting static it doesn’t chirp.

@Dunbar I'm happy to hear it only beeps if you touch or ride the bike. I was under the impression it just randomly beeps even while the bike is standing still...

Does anyone have a link to the ones from China? Do the non-juiced ones chirp as well?
Here's one. The horn only version is listed as "only bell". There are other sellers with the same picture, just scroll through the search for "usb bike horn" on aliexpress. There appears to be 2 different type of mounting brackets, there is a L bracket version (like the Juiced version) and another with a straight bracket.

I got the Juiced Bikes horn yesterday, and the horn was chirping happily as it charged. :D It made me laugh each time it chirped! :p It is adorable... :eek:

Anyway, it has been quiet after the initial charge. I didn't get woken up by it. It's sitting quietly on my desk now. I will install it soon... :cool:

Here are some pictures of the Juiced Bikes horn package.

Attachments

• horn-all.jpg
    horn-all.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,408
  • horn-back.jpg
    horn-back.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 874
  • horn-front.jpg
    horn-front.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 952
  • horn-mounting-spacers-back.jpg
    horn-mounting-spacers-back.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 835
  • horn-mounting-spacers-front.jpg
    horn-mounting-spacers-front.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 917
  • horn-other.jpg
    horn-other.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 862
  • horn-remotes.jpg
    horn-remotes.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 785
It will start beeping every minute or so when the battery is running low. Letting you know battery is running low and to recharge. Once you fully charge it, beeping goes away.

Just Purchased the horn, plugged it in and red light came on. Information sheet states to charge for approximately two hours. Does the light go green ? How do you know it is fully charged?

Back