BBSHD1000W Rear Derailleur?

sdh1084

I bought a BBSHD1000w kit and a StumpJumper 29er Hardtail. Any suggestions on swapping the Shifter, Rear Derailleur and Cassette out for something stronger to withstand the 1000w power?

-Keep it the same get stronger chain?
-Move to a 7, 8 or 9 speed setup and should'nt it have a clutch or not and which setup?
-Buy a rohloff and just go balls to the wall with my budget?

Any suggestions are welcome!
Here is a link to my exact bike minus the front derailleur.

Most likely annoyances are dropped chains, hard 'crunchy' shifts under load. Don't own one, but follow the threads.

Recommendations (based on experience with BBS02)...

Build up your bike as is, you already have a pretty high-end derailleur and it will likely hold up very well.
Use either brake lever (motor-cutoff) switch or install a cut-off button (available from em3ev.com) to cut motor power when you shift to avoid rough shifts - it is likely that your setup will often shift fine, but under heavy loads any derailleur will have trouble.

I have an Alfine IGH on one of my bikes with a BBS02 and I love the setup, but it really doesn't solve the shifting under load problem (anything over PAS 2 and I have to cut power to make most shifts) It is nice to be able to shift the IGH when stopped or not pedaling. I am uncertain whether the Rohloff would fix the shift under load problem with mid-drive powered systems.

I have thought about purchasing a shift sensor and new controller from Lectric Cycles, but haven't had enough difficulties with shifting my BBS02 bikes to feel the need.

Cheers...

Recommendations (based on experience with BBS02)...

Build up your bike as is, you already have a pretty high-end derailleur and it will likely hold up very well.
Use either brake lever (motor-cutoff) switch or install a cut-off button (available from em3ev.com) to cut motor power when you shift to avoid rough shifts - it is likely that your setup will often shift fine, but under heavy loads any derailleur will have trouble.

I have an Alfine IGH on one of my bikes with a BBS02 and I love the setup, but it really doesn't solve the shifting under load problem (anything over PAS 2 and I have to cut power to make most shifts) It is nice to be able to shift the IGH when stopped or not pedaling. I am uncertain whether the Rohloff would fix the shift under load problem with mid-drive powered systems.

I have thought about purchasing a shift sensor and new controller from Lectric Cycles, but haven't had enough difficulties with shifting my BBS02 bikes to feel the need.

Cheers...
Thank You for the reply that's exactly what I've heard now from actual users just like you. A 10 speed with bbshd1000w will be just fine just need to cut the power. And by the was I do have a shift sensor so even better. Thanks again ride safe have fun!

Back