BBSHD turns off and won't turn back on

The multimeter arrived (the same VC830L you linked to @Gionnirocket ). I won't have time to look at it until after work, but if you could give me some pointers on what tests to run and how to do so that'd be handy. I understand it's not rocket science but bear in mind I have no background working with electricity lol, I'm just a full time employed sound designer 😂.

The multimeter arrived (the same VC830L you linked to @Gionnirocket ). I won't have time to look at it until after work, but if you could give me some pointers on what tests to run and how to do so that'd be handy. I understand it's not rocket science but bear in mind I have no background working with electricity lol, I'm just a full time employed sound designer 😂.
You want to test that the battery is outputting voltage and that it is reaching the controller.
You can open up your butt splice and test there.
or get 2 sharp thin needles and penetrate the insulation near the controller.
Or remove the controller and test inside.
I'd probably do the first and if OK... Then the last.
If you do the second be sure not to short the wires by touching the needles together and then I'd seal up the pin holes with something like liquid electric tape and a wrap of electric tape.

She's alive! Thanks again @Gionnirocket!

IMG_20210610_223821.jpg

All connections look fine at first sight.
Cracks me up. I’m glad you sorted but I have to say I see this doing support nearly every day. Maybe someday I’ll be as smart as my customers. Almost true. Glad it worked out. Ride it like you stole it!

One of the cables got pulled out of the splice 😂
I told you that you had nothing to lose by opening up your splice... and that was on a Tuesday when I typically have a 68% chance of being right. 🤣
Get the proper size water proof butt splice.. Stagger the 2 connections for a tighter bundle and use water proof heat shrink over them.
I'll guarantee it for life.

Cracks me up. I’m glad you sorted but I have to say I see this doing support nearly every day. Maybe someday I’ll be as smart as my customers. Almost true. Glad it worked out. Ride it like you stole it!
I did say 'at first sight'. I also consistently mentioned I am not very knowledgable about any of this. You sound a bit disgruntled.

My father always taught me to stay quiet if I don't have anything of substance to add to the conversation.Yet here I am 😁.

Anyway all is well and I'm zipping about again. Thanks again mate.

My father always taught me to stay quiet if I don't have anything of substance to add to the conversation.Yet here I am 😁.

Anyway all is well and I'm zipping about again. Thanks again mate.
That's great... I like it when it's easy!
And I understand... I grew up in a similar situation. My father would beat me if I had anything to say 🤣

Cracks me up too. I'm told they use crimps on US Navy nuclear submarines to handle big time currents, but the crimp pliers are hydraulic and still have two foot long handles. Me, I never got a crimp to last doing automotive work. The wires would turn green after a few months and fall out.

Cracks me up too. I'm told they use crimps on US Navy nuclear submarines to handle big time currents, but the crimp pliers are hydraulic and still have two foot long handles. Me, I never got a crimp to last doing automotive work. The wires would turn green after a few months and fall out.
I've done a fair amount of crimping with large conductors and a hydraulic crimp tool. If done properly they'll last forever.
The trick is to properly weather proof any splice. With the larger conductors it was a two step process so you better remember to slide that heat shrink on before you crimp.These smaller sizes can be got with a heat shrink and a sealing hot glue that flows easily all in one unit. But I still like to put a sealing heat shrink over them even if just for esthetics.

Back