BBSHD range

laudou

Hi
I have this bike with a BBSHD 1000w that displays very different ranges whether I am riding (82 km) or the bike is stopped (23 km). The speed displayed when riding seems to be accurate. I ordered a new speed sensor, just in case.
If the speed sensor is not the culprit, what is causing that discrepancy? DPC18 , 5 PAS levels, display.

Thanks

Hi
I have this bike with a BBSHD 1000w that displays very different ranges whether I am riding (82 km) or the bike is stopped (23 km). The speed displayed when riding seems to be accurate. I ordered a new speed sensor, just in case.
If the speed sensor is not the culprit, what is causing that discrepancy? DPC18 , 5 PAS levels, display.

Thanks
Unless you have a Bafang manufactured battery... the range is not going to be accurate.

One thing I have learned in my almost 2 years of owning ebikes, "Trust" the voltage rating of your battery if you have that option on the display. A multimeter is your friend reading before and after rides. Learn the cutoff of the battery.

One thing I have learned in my almost 2 years of owning ebikes, Trust the voltage rating of your battery if you have that option on the display. A multimeter is your friend reading before and after rides. Learn the cutoff of the battery.
I do have voltage reading on my display and it still shows over 50 v with 34 km on the odometer. For this reason, I'd be inclined to believe the 82 range rather than the 23 km. I should have mentioned that I am getting an error 21 (speed sensor related).

Last edited:
Trust the voltage reading if it matches the multimeter. Don't trust the range prediction due to so many variables of each ride you do. As you ride more, it may be trustworthy.

In my opinion it is not safe to ride your bike at 82 Kph or abruptly stop at 23 Kph as into a tree or brick wall.

That range (when/if it's working correctly) is algorithm based on the last few minutes of the power used. It's junk at best. You'll have a much better idea of what's going on with some seat time. I charge when I see the voltage in the 46's and give it a full charge as I ride nearly everyday. I note how many miles i get on that charge (from full to 46.something). Mental note made, by time I have several of these charge cycles made, I have a pretty darn clear idea of what I can expect - on average. I'm good with that as I will never go as far as I can on a charge. I generally can get 4-5 of my rides on a charge.

All right, but that much difference is hard to understand; which figure is right the low one or the high one? The battery is Samsung brand,
Neither
Only a Bafang battery /Bms will communicate with the controller /display.
Any third party battery does not support the function.

Back