BBS02 750w - anyone running 25 amps?

Mine's set to 22amps from the shop I bought it from - any point in changing it?
You will get a small boost in acceleration. Personally If I was giung to do it, I would go a bit bigger, 30 to 35 amps. Just keep a track of the various temps, motor, wiring etc.
I moded my suposed 22 amp. (actually only putting out 18 max) to 28 and man what a difference, like a totally different bike with more power than I will out grow for some time. Highly recommend.

You will get a small boost in acceleration. Personally If I was giung to do it, I would go a bit bigger, 30 to 35 amps. Just keep a track of the various temps, motor, wiring etc.
I moded my suposed 22 amp. (actually only putting out 18 max) to 28 and man what a difference, like a totally different bike with more power than I will out grow for some time. Highly recommend.
thanks - do you have the BBSHD or the BBS02? The BBS02 (so I thought) was 25 amps max on the controller? - mine won't allow higher amps to be set.
I'm wondering about whether having 25amps set rather than 22 or lower will reduce reliability, especially given i'm running a 52v battery

It really all depends on what you want and how you ride. Me personally I have mine set at 20a and it's more than enough to do all I need.
Running anything consistently at it's maximum rating for sure will reduce reliability.. so if you only occasionally find yourself needing 25a, you'll probably be ok. If you require 25a consistently, you probably should have gone with the HD. Keep in mind that this is a safety ceiling and you can reach it unintentionally as well.. so that is another reason I prefer to keep it at my 20a needs.
That said, I doubt that you would notice much difference between 22a and 25a. YMMV

thanks - do you have the BBSHD or the BBS02? The BBS02 (so I thought) was 25 amps max on the controller? - mine won't allow higher amps to be set.
I'm wondering about whether having 25amps set rather than 22 or lower will reduce reliability, especially given i'm running a 52v battery
I have a hub motor, supposedly 25 amps max, but 28 amps hasn't even made the wires warm.
I don't mess with mid drives, I like to keep things as simple as possible.

Back