Battery Upgrade/Backup

@opimax Oh yeah, that's in progress now. I checked it with my multimeter and it was 49.9V. I have it on 1A charge now to bring it up to 100% We shall see how it goes. Maybe I'll be able to keep up with you now!

both of my bikes are down as of now :( , problem w/brake on fork install and then last night wife's bike w/new wheel got all sorts of electronic gremlins, ....power levels don't make a difference , cant go above 20 on flats and much less on hills but on a slight down hill It will push to 27 in low power which used to stop at 19 or so. i am concerned it will get even worse as i ride it so i am off bikes for a while I guess

@opimax Oh wow. Sorry to hear of your troubles opimax. Know that I'm close if you need some help. Hopefully the warranty is still in effect. I just got my BBSHD kit in today, so I will work on finding another bike to convert so I'll have a spare when my friends are rideless! Keep me posted on the progress and hopefully they will be some easy/quick fixes in your future.

@SpiderDice It worked great. Gets a little hotter than the stock 48V and makes the original controller hotter as well, but it shouldn't be a problem. It seemed like it had more torque, even though I doubt more amps were flowing though the controller, but it definitely had more top speed in challenging situations. Overall I was very pleased. I am going to have to do some work before I can make the new controller work with the system.

Great news! Yeah, I've been thinking about how to cool the battery down. Maybe some ice packs or something..haha

I don't think that killer whale pack will fit in the stock Radrover triangle. It looks way too tall in the photos, espically when compared to the OEM battery. The stock battery barely fits as is.

@SpiderDice It worked great. Gets a little hotter than the stock 48V and makes the original controller hotter as well, but it shouldn't be a problem. It seemed like it had more torque, even though I doubt more amps were flowing though the controller, but it definitely had more top speed in challenging situations. Overall I was very pleased. I am going to have to do some work before I can make the new controller work with the system.
so just so I am clear the 52v worked without issue?....thanks

@cbmojo No issues. The controller is rated for 60V and that battery maxes out at 58.8V with a full charge. I've used it maybe 5 times from completely full to completely empty with no adverse affects. I would say that maybe the controller and motor were slightly warmer, but I do ride pretty hard. It had more torque, top-speed, and less voltage drop than the stock battery.

@cbmojo No issues. The controller is rated for 60V and that battery maxes out at 58.8V with a full charge. I've used it maybe 5 times from completely full to completely empty with no adverse affects. I would say that maybe the controller and motor were slightly warmer, but I do ride pretty hard. It had more torque, top-speed, and less voltage drop than the stock battery.

Wow..and all this is using everything stock?

@SpiderDice It was stock until I installed BBSHD and moved the old battery, motor, and controller to a Mongoose fat bike frame. I'm installing Shimano hydraulic brakes today on the Radrover.

@SpiderDice It was stock until I installed BBSHD and moved the old battery, motor, and controller to a Mongoose fat bike frame. I'm installing Shimano hydraulic brakes today on the Radrover.

Yeah, we know. We're just making sure that you can use that battery with everything else stock before we make the purchase. ;P

Back