Battery Slipping

alloo

Region
USA
City
Albuquerque, NM
I own a 2017 Raleigh Retroglide IE, after a few bumpy miles my battery slips back a little and the bike loses power. I end up pushing the battery forward and repeat the cycle. Anyone have any tips on how to fix this issue? The bumps can be sidewalk seams or bad roads. Any tips are helpful. Thank You.

Check the bottom of the battery. On ours, there is a metal clip that drops down and catches the frame when the battery is locked in place. Make sure it is free to move up and down. Also check the place where it hooks into the frame for wear. If the clip is not connecting, a possible solution might be a small bungee going around the back of the battery and hooking onto the vertical battery frame side bars.

Check the bottom of the battery. On ours, there is a metal clip that drops down and catches the frame when the battery is locked in place. Make sure it is free to move up and down. Also check the place where it hooks into the frame for wear. If the clip is not connecting, a possible solution might be a small bungee going around the back of the battery and hooking onto the vertical battery frame side bars.

Thank You! What a great idea! Yes the metal clip works properly, I was wondering if I could get a replacement for the plastic part where that the latchesto. I've emailed Raleigh for the part.

Attachments

• Battery Rack.jpg
    Battery Rack.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 528
Last edited:
I tried adding a felt bumper, I was also thinking about adding washers to the piece. I will test it out when the weather gets better.

It didn't work. I will try adding washers next. Raleigh hasn't got back to me. Neither has my LBS. Bike runs well when the battery doesn't move.

Did you call Raleigh or write to them? I had a very good experience with them two years ago, but handled it by phone.

Yes, I have written them with pictures. So far no response. Maybe they're investigating. If my bike has a 1 year life. no bueno. I love the bike's performance. I have also purchased a new ebike to replace my raleigh for the new season with a vertical mounting system. We will see how things work out.

So Raleigh found the part. Unfortunately, they don't make it anymore. That sucks.

Back