Battery remaining confusion

PacNwTexan

So I went on an uphill ride today of about 3600ft gain. Once I got to the top my battery showed 2 bars and BMS was 45.7. Rode about 1.5hrs woth PAS at 1. Shortly after it went to one bar and then back up to 2. Even when the display was 1 the battery lights indicated 2, but the whole thing is obscure.

What is BMS actually telling me?

How have you all found to actually figure out how long you can go before being stuck riding a 60lb bike uphill?

Li-ion Discharge Voltage Curve Typical.jpg

As you may see, 45.7 is in the 20% non linear discharge range (13 cells x 3.5V). I think the BMS will cut the power at 42V (3.23V per cell), so it is all depend on how much power you will need to finish the climb. My guess with PAS 1 you may have 5 miles.

View attachment 60102
As you may see, 45.7 is in the 20% non linear discharge range (13 cells x 3.5V). I think the BMS will cut the power at 42V (3.23V per cell), so it is all depend on how much power you will need to finish the climb. My guess with PAS 1 you may have 5 miles.

Thank you! Very helpful.

Wonder if there is a way to set a live 'distance to empty' monitor, maybe in the usb port or the battery. Kinda like the one in our cars that adjusts with your driving style.

Back