Battery Range In Steep Hilly Area

NJC581

Today I rode 21 miles on my XP and my battery was pretty much drained. The final voltage was about 41.8 to 42 and the power was super weak at that point. Now I think 21 miles is actually not too bad considering I weigh 195 lbs, rode a lot of steep hills, had about extra 10 lbs in my panniers, and mostly rode in PAS 3 about 60% of the time, PAS 2 30% of the time and and PAS 4 and 5 10% of the time. Also occasionally riding against the wind. Using All Trails app my elevation gains was 1,286. Just wanted to let those who are interested in this bike know what the battery is capable of in higher PAS levels and steep hilly areas.

Great info.
To be fully informed though, I would want to know how much power would be used (saved) if the PAS was kept no higher than necessary for that same route....

Anyone can blow through a battery charge using high PAS settings. The trick is to minimize power used for max battery mileage. Been riding e-bikes for 4 years and still challenge myself on every ride....

Great info.
To be fully informed though, I would want to know how much power would be used (saved) if the PAS was kept no higher than necessary for that same route....

Anyone can blow through a battery charge using high PAS settings. The trick is to minimize power used for max battery mileage. Been riding e-bikes for 4 years and still challenge myself on every ride....

I plan on doing the same 21 mile route again on just PAS 2, and then again on the 48v 14ah battery I got from Ali Express to see how well that battery does. I had to go in the higher PAS levels today as I had a guy in one of those skinny tire road bikes on my tail on one of the trails in my route. When we hit the hills on this trail he couldn't keep up lol.

So I just completed the same route as I did yesterday, though today they were doing some work on one of the trails I take so I had to take a detour which added 1.6 miles and in total I did 22.6 miles today. The 14ah battery did great! I still had about 44.5 volts left on the battery. The 1.6 mile detour I took had some hills too and I mostly rode the bike in the same PAS levels as I did yesterday. One key thing I noticed (or it could just be me) I was able to hit 28 mph easier with the Lectric battery then with the Ali Express 14ah battery. PAS 5 seemed to be stronger on the Lectric battery, but those of you guys who decide to get the larger capacity battery can decide.

So I just completed the same route as I did yesterday, though today they were doing some work on one of the trails I take so I had to take a detour which added 1.6 miles and in total I did 22.6 miles today. The 14ah battery did great! I still had about 44.5 volts left on the battery. The 1.6 mile detour I took had some hills too and I mostly rode the bike in the same PAS levels as I did yesterday. One key thing I noticed (or it could just be me) I was able to hit 28 mph easier with the Lectric battery then with the Ali Express 14ah battery. PAS 5 seemed to be stronger on the Lectric battery, but those of you guys who decide to get the larger capacity battery can decide.
Thank you for the information. Could you post a link to the 14ah batter you purchased?
How are you intending to use this battery, as a backup, or will you put it in rotation with the OE battery?

Thank you for the information. Could you post a link to the 14ah batter you purchased?
How are you intending to use this battery, as a backup, or will you put it in rotation with the OE battery?

I will most likely just put it in rotation with the OE battery. If I know I am going to ride more than 20 miles I will probably start out with 14ah battery then if I have too I will switch to the Lectric battery

Back