Battery pack press & hold

Carl_L

Anyone know for sure if the Bosch power packs show capacity when you press & hold the charge indicator button?

That's the way the Panasonic batteries used to work &, when I try holding the button on my Bosch 500 pack for a few seconds, the lights go out & then back on. I'm trying this with a new, fully-charged battery so I get 5 & 5 lights - I'll be able to answer my own question when I try again with a part-charged battery but I thought I'd ask here 1st as I'm sure someone will know for definite.

Yes, if you press the button on the side of the battery it will tell you how many bars you have left. These bars will also tell you where the charge level is while charging.

Yes, if you press the button on the side of the battery it will tell you how many bars you have left. These bars will also tell you where the charge level is while charging.
Thanks for the reply but I think you missed the point of my question.

If you pressed & held the equivalent button on a Panasonic battery it would perform a self-diagnostic & show you the capacity (which is different to the level of charge).

Anyhoos, answered my own question now. Tried it when 2 bars of charge remaining - held button for a few seconds - lights went out & came back on but still showing 2 bars (new battery), so I now know it can't self-test capacity.

Back