Battery Dilemma

BCrider

I have a juiced CCX that is 2 years old. My 52V 19.2amp battery recently stopped working when it reached 40% power remaining, bike would completely shut down. I have taken the battery to FTH power for repair and have been quoted a price of $737 to replace 84 cells. What would you do in this situation?
Repair the existing battery
Get another juiced bike with compatible battery so you could use it on either bike
Sell bike as is with faulty battery

$737 is a little over half the cost of a new battery. I would buy a new one and use the one you have as a spare. The 60% useful charge remaining in the old battery should give you quite a bit of additional range.
Spending $1300 on a new battery is still around $1000 cheaper than buying another bike.
Also, are you sure the problem is the battery and not the controller?

$737 is a little over half the cost of a new battery. I would buy a new one and use the one you have as a spare.
The 60% useful charge remaining in the old battery should give you quite a bit of additional range.
Spending $1300 on a new battery is still around $1000 cheaper than buying another bike.
Also, are you sure the problem is the battery and not the controller?
If the price is $1,300 for a replacement battery, the OP may want to consider ordering a new/different bike. :oops:

Last edited:
$1300 for a battery? I could buy 2&1/2 new batteries for my Rad Rover and if the one I have now only lasts 2 years I will be upset.

I have a juiced CCX that is 2 years old. My 52V 19.2amp battery recently stopped working when it reached 40% power remaining, bike would completely shut down. I have taken the battery to FTH power for repair and have been quoted a price of $737 to replace 84 cells. What would you do in this situation?
Get another juiced bike with compatible battery so you could use it on either bike

Are there no battery rebuilding shops near where you live? They will repack the case with all new batteries at half the cost as long as the plastic case and hardware are good.

Back