Battery Charger

OzGrant

I have lost the 48Volt battery charger for my bike.
The only identification I have as to the bike maker is:
Kangcan and Geshiling.
The only other identification is Mid20A20190510.
Did the google search and found nothing.
Any ideas, Tks
Grant

Kangcan and Geshiling.
Any ideas, Tks
Grant
Why wouldn’t you contact the seller you bought the bike from?

Kangcan and Geshiling.
Any ideas, Tks
Grant
Post a picture of the charger connection. I use a Satiator but keep cheap, $10, 2A chargers for 100% long charges to balance my budget packs with mediocre BMS.

Does local sale mean stolen bike? Lost charger seems like a very odd thing to happen. Not impossible of course, but chargers are a pretty vital piece of gear for an eBike.

Local sale means a garage sale, where a lot of items are sold when a house is sold and the owners put all their item outside for a one day sale. The people I purchased the bike from have now moved elsewhere (around a month ago)
I'm assuming the bike is not stolen but it did come without a charger.
I will get some pictures when I get back to the holiday house.

If your battery was 48V (lithium ion), the charge rate will be 54.6V
I don't know what kind of battery charger you had, but I'm assuming you probably had a standard 2A charger.

If you want a quick charger, you can get a 4A charger

Or you can get a 5A

However, it really depends on the battery capacity as well. It might be hard on the cell if you recharge low capacity battery with high amperage.
Have you done business with this company? Are they in China? Thanks

Have you done business with this company? Are they in China? Thanks
Timpo typically posts his searches and more often than not hasn’t used the Aliexpress Store he links us to.
Anytime you see a url with “Aliexpress” it’s one of thousands of sellers in China.

Do you sell a 48v 3-4amp fan cooled charger?
Only the Satiator. I have a number of batteries and an original satiator. I buy cheap Littokala 2A chargers as backups. $10 shipped to CONUS. I’m not a fan of increased charge Amps unless the battery maker confirms higher rates.

I typically discourage higher charge rates unless its an absolute must, and the BMS is compatible. We don’t sell chargers faster than 2A, except a Satiator. BTW a fan does not necessarily mean a better charger.

Both chargers linked above are built by WATE. There may be more differences between models than just output. Protective circuits and features should be compared.

I’m here as a rider, not to promote the sale of any of our products. I’m only sharing experience as an individual, and building kit eBikes with a range of eBike motors and tools.

WATE is the name of the company making them. They do produce chargers and custom chargers under other labels. That experience comes in handy. Those stubborn facts...

I just noticed that Juiced is running a special on the Satiator for $279 with free shipping to the continental US.
Sale ends 31 Mar 2020. Note that I expect this comes with the barrel connector only, as that's what Juiced bikes use.

Back