Bar mount mirror for e-bike

Rob SF

My wife just got an e-bike, and she needs a mirror. Unlike the handles on my own bike, hers don’t have end plugs that can be removed for bar end mirrors. The problem is that a handlebar-mounted mirror for an e-bike has to contend with the mounted display for the motor that’s already where you’d normally attach the mirror. Is the solution just to cut out the end of the existing rubber handle to put in a bar-end mirror? Or is there a bar-mounted mirror that can go much closer to the center of the bar between the display and the stem, with a much longer arm (and a circumference big enough for the larger thickness near the stem)? I think this explains the problem clearly enough, but ask for clarification if not.

I use this strap-on mirror from Walmart and I'm happy with it. I don't mind spending money for things I need or like, but this is cheap and if I ever need to replace it I'll probably get another one. Mirror
1620529392395.png

TT

It straps on to the grip and your hand goes over the strap. Forgot to mention, one of the things I really like about it is how easy it is to put on and take off.

TT

This one is significantly longer than the standard ones you get with the bikes. I have one on mine, and it reaches out fine past the throttle, controller unit, and a set of oversized grips with inner bar ends.

The anti-glare version is a slightly darker tinted blue, but is great at night with traffic. For daytime use only, I'd stick with the basic mirror.

My wife just got an e-bike, and she needs a mirror. Unlike the handles on my own bike, hers don’t have end plugs that can be removed for bar end mirrors. The problem is that a handlebar-mounted mirror for an e-bike has to contend with the mounted display for the motor that’s already where you’d normally attach the mirror. Is the solution just to cut out the end of the existing rubber handle to put in a bar-end mirror? Or is there a bar-mounted mirror that can go much closer to the center of the bar between the display and the stem, with a much longer arm (and a circumference big enough for the larger thickness near the stem)? I think this explains the problem clearly enough, but ask for clarification if not.
I got a bar extender that I’ve tried before in a Brompton & mounted it on there along with my phone mount.

Attachments

• BCCBEFD3-A6BD-422F-A36F-535BF9F1C30F.jpeg
    BCCBEFD3-A6BD-422F-A36F-535BF9F1C30F.jpeg
    458.5 KB · Views: 336
I just cut out the rubber at end of bars like you mentioned and installed a "Miracle Mirror" the best!
Agreed. The "Mirrycle Mirror" is much less obstructive than any silly strap-on mirror.

I buy one of these for each of my regular bikes.

For those that do not want to cut out hand grips, there are plenty of aftermarket grips that reveal the bar opening. Overall, even the most fancy grips are cheap and I like to keep things clean.
mtn-mirror-rev.jpg

Agreed. The "Mirrycle Mirror" is much less obstructive than any silly strap-on mirror.
I'm not sure what's obstructive or silly about about strap on mirrors. I can't even think why I'd ever describe one as obstructive (what does that even mean?) and my strap on mirror works quite well. Not saying anything about Mirrycle Mirrors....

TT

Back