Bam Nomad

Grampy

I have a Bam Nomad which is same as Rad Rover 5. Has SW900 display. Will not show speed or odometer. Occasionally throws error 24 but power off and back on clears. Could it be sttings? Does anybody know factory default? Any other ideas. Thanks in advanced.

Does this bike use an external speed sensor? If so, is the magnet (on one of the rear spokes) lined up on the sensor, or maybe fell off?

Maybe have a really close look at the wires and connectors between the motor and the controller.

There's a wire running from the speed sensor in the motor (often white), to the controller, that uses the information it gets to send serialized data to the display.

If everything else seems to be working OK, I'm thinking that the wire carrying the serialized data from the controller to the display is OK. That leaves the sensor in the motor, the wire from there to the controller, and the controller itself as possible culprits. My thought anyway, FWIW.

There's a wire running from the speed sensor in the motor (often white), to the controller, that uses the information it gets to send serialized data to the display.

If everything else seems to be working OK, I'm thinking that the wire carrying the serialized data from the controller to the display is OK. That leaves the sensor in the motor, the wire from there to the controller, and the controller itself as possible culprits. My thought anyway, FWIW.
I have a Bam Nomad which is same as Rad Rover 5. Has SW900 display. Will not show speed or odometer. Occasionally throws error 24 but power off and back on clears. Could it be sttings? Does anybody know factory default? Any other ideas. Thanks in advanced.
I get that error 24 or 25 (cant recall) on my RadWagon from time to time. same thing - power on/off clears it.

Back