Bafang Ultra Max Mid-Drive Options?

Hey all,
I did lots of reading and pricing. The Frey am1000 5.0 only comes with one motor,Bafang ultra.
Top end components, dropper post ,internally wired front and rear lights that ruin off the huge 1000w battery. Got a deal on shipping paid 3600 all in. I think they are still doing shipping deals and if u want all the best at an affordable price check them out,lots of info on YouTube and review sites.
One thing plan to take the time to learn to use all those great features cause it’s not just jump on and go. It’s very powerful
Been riding my am1000 about 20+ rides. It’s not all about speed and the top end components are great. Gears shift smooth, brakes stop on a dime(a rider must know how to use them/ it’s not a squeeze hard process) the motor/ bike is quiet, I can’t really hear it much and the their is no resonance of sound thru the frame. I ride on 3 pedal assist sport setting. 20-28mph with legs for quick bursts when I need them.
The Frey am1000 5.0 is a great mid drive bike that was a reasonable price. I placed a custom order Jan2 2020 delivered beginning of May in perfect condition. US buying group 3300$ plus 300$ delivery. Couldn’t be more pleased
Big thanks to Frey bike and the whole team.

Elaguila
I managed to find some geo documentation for the seroxat, I thought I would share it here for you.
I have not weighed my bike yet but my new wheels have shaved a huge amount off it

You say you already have a Ultra powered bike, If you want to love that motor more than you already do one of the best upgrades I have had done is a different controller. The PAS felling is very close to what the industry leaders are achieving but with a lot more power.
I blew up my old controller so I bought the new controller as a repair but it turned out to be one hell of a upgrade.
The controller is called the Archon X1, it completely changes the motor for the better, better control and feedback, better range. Higher and much more consistant power delivery.
I just got the standard version 1000 watt nominal 1600 watt peak and it feels more powerful and a much much more refined than stock, but you can get one set up for 2300 watt nominal 3kw peak if you want even more power.

If your in the States then Watt Wagons are the guys to speak to about it also they offer great support and advice (even if I did not buy the controller from them) I have purchased other things from them tho. This is the route you want for customer and product support.

If in Europe like me the controller PCB is made in Germany by a company called Innotech, I got put into touch with them after contacting Exess asking about availiability of the controller I had heard that they were using on there bikes.

1594392799688.png

1594392884278.png

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing the dimensions.
Please find below another screenshot of Seroxat´s frame called "2019 E-Bike Hybrid 500W". Just tried to make a quick-and-dirty investigation on the battery compartment in order to figure out the maximum battery capacity. The downtube will probably fit 14s6p and alternatively the space between top tube and down tube will fit 14s5p.

Battery-Pack_Design-study_Seroxat_.png

Hey Clancy, yep I can tell you all about it, it's really the best ebike for the price, and after 3000km already on it, I'd buy it all over again. It's definitely the best pre-built option out right now for a fatbike capable of over 45km/h, and backed up with the peace of mind of Biktrix customer care.

I've made a few changes to the bike, some personal preferences, and some universal improvements I think everyone should shoot for when convenient:

Firstly, definitely get the bike with one of the two bigger batteries, either 17 or 21Ah... The bigger packs provide full amperage and less voltage drop so you can get top speeds out of it.

Secondly, a set of Miranda Delta cranks (152mm, 8mm offset) were a huge improvement for ground clearance on hard cornering and over obstacles, I really dig these and think every Bafang Ultra motor should have em.

Thirdly, stock seatpost was too short IMO and since most regular riders are going to swing for a better saddle, just do em together: a 27.2 by 400mm Zoom seatpost (low cost and effective), paired with a Brooks C17 is a great combo for this bike.

Beyond that, you'll probably want to add a tail light, and maybe a more powerful headlight if you ride at night. The stock headlight is cool since it turns on automatically from light sensor, adjustable setpoint in the display control.

For wheel and tire choice, I'd be inclined to go for the 3" 27.5, I'm currently running 3.8" Cake Eaters on custom wheels. I also deleted the suspension fork off mine in favor of rigid fork, less weight and still a soft ride thanks to the tires.
With a 21 amp battery is that for speed or longer ride time? I have a 14amp batt, 750 watt motor, weigh 280, I can only go about 25 miles safely before I drop down to 2 bars. Asking because I'm thinking about buying a new bike? I want one that can go at least 30 miles. I normally ride on 2 or 3 asset settings. I have 5. Thanks

Any one heard of David Cristel of Elevated Stage LLC, with Alibaba. Just wondering about good or bad results with ordering from them. Any response appropriated.

Back