Bafang Ultra Max Mid-Drive Options?

Deafcat, you mentioned that the stock seatpost was too short and Biktrix offers 2 different ones as upgrade/options & I'd like to get a suspension seatpost something like a Cane Creek ThudBuster. Wouldn't that be a better option than the 400mm Zoom? I know that they are a bit pricey but I'm sure it would improve the ride 110! What do ya think?

I've never felt the need to get a suspension seatpost, but they definitely work. So do titanium, carbon, and broached aluminum (thompson elite) seatposts for that matter... The longer the seatpost extension, the more flex they provide, which adds to saddle compliance for a smoother ride. Suspension seatpost just takes that a step further by adding actual travel into the mix.

Deafcat, you mentioned that the stock seatpost was too short and Biktrix offers 2 different ones as upgrade/options & I'd like to get a suspension seatpost something like a Cane Creek ThudBuster. Wouldn't that be a better option than the 400mm Zoom? I know that they are a bit pricey but I'm sure it would improve the ride 110! What do ya think?

I have one and like it. You can see it at my photo a couple of posts back.

Yep not including battery. And yes the FS is a much heavier bike.

IMAG3327.jpg

Last edited:
Well I have got the ultra/g510/m620 lol not exactly sure what it is really called :) but it really is impressive.
It is on a Chinese enduro alloy frame (mines branded seroxat) 160mm travel, lyrik forks, xt group, hope 4 pots, race face stem bars, 27.5 boost wheels with some pretty gnarly magic Mary tyres.
Not put mine on the scales yet but its certainly not light I guess about 60 lbs with battery but that does not matter tbh.
Iv only had it 2 weeks put about 300 trouble free miles on it so far.
In pedal assist with a 40 tooth chain ring I'm getting 30mph pretty easy on most gradients, and with the throttle touching 40mph on the flat.
It is comfy, well it will be when I change the saddle
It has a bit of understeer but this could be due to not riding a longish travel bike in so long. My other bike is a 100mm hard tail Focus S27 speed pedelec 27mph limit.
Or maybe simply because I'm going faster.

Oh mines meant to be the 1000w version but the display shows about 1400w at peek. Also the frame does seem to be pretty well reinforced were it needs to be so far I'm happy.

Last edited:
Well I have got the ultra/g510/m620 lol not exactly sure what it is really called :) but it really is impressive.
It is on a Chinese enduro alloy frame (mines branded seroxat) 160mm travel, lyrik forks, xt group, hope 4 pots, race face stem bars, 27.5 boost wheels with some pretty gnarly magic Mary tyres.
Not put mine on the scales yet but its certainly not light I guess about 60 lbs with battery but that does not matter tbh.
Iv only had it 2 weeks put about 300 trouble free miles on it so far.
In pedal assist with a 40 tooth chain ring I'm getting 30mph pretty easy on most gradients, and with the throttle touching 40mph on the flat.
It is comfy, well it will be when I change the saddle
It has a bit of understeer but this could be due to not riding a longish travel bike in so long. My other bike is a 100mm hard tail Focus S27 speed pedelec 27mph limit.
Or maybe simply because I'm going faster.

I must agree @TomW I have got the Ultra g510 or m620 too! & I'm not exactly sure what it is really called either ... :) ... but it really IS impressive. I'm super happy with this machine. It has met every expectation I could have hoped for.

I have been researching a fair amount. Decided mid-drive was the way I wanted to go - for several reasons, including torque, and ease of removing wheels in case of a flat. Then I discovered the latest Bafang iteration -- their Ultra Max, or Max Ultra, @ 1000w. I weigh about 250lbs, so I thought the extra power might do me well.

But I am having a hard time finding any offerings with this motor.
Biktrix has two.
Luna has maybe one that is way past any idea of a budget -- which I think might be about $4,000, tops.
Most of the others are still offering earlier Bafang motors -- like the BBSHD.

One confusion is what the true Motor Name is...
Ultra Max?
Max Ultra?
Ultr?
Max?
They all seem to be different sizes or configurations of the same thing -- or different years of release. Roshan did say he is now using only the very latest version, with metal gears.

Anyone hiding any sources out there?
The "Excess" from Germany is crazy-expensive, but damned good-looking: https://www.exess-bikes.de/
Don't laugh at me, but I see no Fenders or Racks for this one, anyway -- gotta have those.

It seems like any ebike I think I'm settled on gets immediately criticized for offering only cheap components. Or components that make no sense to many of you. I read a Review that is glowing (when I can find a Review) -- and the next Review touts all the shortcomings. So I do need help understanding where you've found the real "value" ebikes. As in, decent components at a fair price -- with a mid-drive motor. Thanks, one and all!

I am thinking I need a Fat eBike for the fun of going over grass, some trail riding, sand on the beach -- and maybe snow if I get playful enough. But definitely not hunting, or Survivor Competitions trekking through Godforsaken wastelands.
You may want to check out BPMimports.com. Look at the F-1000. It seems to have everything the Biktrix Juggernaut Ultra has for $2000 less.

You should check out Eunorau. They are cheaper than most of the others offering Bafang 1,000. Their only US presence is in Vegas and all they offer from there is shipping (which takes about 3-5 days in the US). Frey has great bikes but you wait two months or three months and pay for shipping from China. Eunorau responds overnight to email inquiries. Look for the discount code (it is EUNORAU) and it drops the price of the bike down a good bit. Shipping is only $100. I’ve looked at all (or at least most) of the Bafang 1,000 bikes and I’m about to buy a Eunorau. Some others are good (including M2S) but Eunorau pricing is better. Not the best components but good enough for me — I can always upgrade later) and rack and fenders are included.

Thanks for responding on such an old post. After getting rid of the Biktrix Juggernaut -- the looks of which I loved -- I took awhile to look over the options. I ended up buying the new Evelo Aurora Limited Edition with the Gates Belt Drive, etc. It just arrived. No unboxing, yet. Hoping it will fit my Kona Carrier.

Nearly All their ebikes look just like AddMotor's line up.
You are correct, some of their bikes look just like AddMotor's line up. But when you look closer, you find that they are only similar... They don't have a 1000W folding bike with a 21ah battery with dual suspension. The bike that is similar to the F-1000 is the M-5800 and it has the BBSHD mid drive motor. The F-1000 has the newer G510 or Ultra motor and it is $500 less, and it has a front rack.

Hey all,
I did lots of reading and pricing. The Frey am1000 5.0 only comes with one motor,Bafang ultra.
Top end components, dropper post ,internally wired front and rear lights that ruin off the huge 1000w battery. Got a deal on shipping paid 3600 all in. I think they are still doing shipping deals and if u want all the best at an affordable price check them out,lots of info on YouTube and review sites.
One thing plan to take the time to learn to use all those great features cause it’s not just jump on and go. It’s very powerful

Mine is a home build,
But if I was to buy ready made I would buy from Watt Wagons over in the USA, and back here in Europe I would look at Exess, or Adrenaline E-bikes I have dealt with all of these companies and they have been very helpfull and they all can supply the Archon X1 controller.
I have just replaced my controller with the same one that they use and it is a real upgrade.
Changes the whole motor's character for the better, they have a bunch of claimed benifits with the new controller and so far I can vouch for all of them.
Oh here is a slightly out of date picture of mine, I have just upgraded the wheels which are not in the pic.
IMG_20200610_171110.jpg

The Seroxat e-bike looks awesome TomW 👍
Thank you for sharing your experiences and knowledge.
Based on this thread I am hot to purchase also an e-bike frame kit from Seroxat China. Could you please share your thoughts and insights? I would really appreciate some feedback on frame delivery, frame geometrie and design, how is the feeling of the frame during riding ( feels a bit cramped ) etc.? Is it comparable to modern enduro bike geometry and would you buy it again? I am considering to buy the new Seroxat frame called E-Bike Hybrid 500W but use a different/stronger e-motor like Cyclone...

Thank you man!

Someone had already imported the frame and motor kit, I purchased it in my own country, so I can not feedback on the import and delivery process from china I am afraid.
Its not cramped I went for the large size and I am 5'11" ish but Im also running wide bars.
It is a bit hard to compare it to the Enduro ebikes Specialized etc make because due to the power and mass of the ultra It is almost its own catorgory of bike.
It is very comfy and can cope with any offroad conditions pretty well uphill downhill tech or fast it is a bit jack of all trades but as the saying goes master of none, It also makes a great commuter. I would say the geometry was a bit old school but that does not make it bad.
It's a solid frame and feels/looks plenty strong enough where it needs to be, I do not think it will be winning any weight watcher competition's tho but this helps make it feel planted and very stable.(im slowly chipping away at the total bike weight with things like new wheels) but even as a reasonably light rider I'm only 65kg, I have no problems putting the bike where I want it.
Due to a odd design choice there is a bit of a box section inbetween the the battery and motor which can pool with rain water, I do not know why there is no drain hole! It does not pool that quickly even in the worse of conditions but you still need to keep a eye on it.

The prices I have seen recently for my frame seems pretty incredible so value wise 10/10.
Allrounder function 8/10
Quality welds etc seem ok it fit together fine seems strong 7/10
Design is a bit old school and the geometry was probably copied from something else from a few years ago with a motor and battery mount added causing few odd touches like the box section I mentioned earlier, low score because it is not original but it works 6/10
Overall 7.5 but higher if budget concerned.

Would I buy one again? there is no good reason why I would not buy the frame again, It will do pretty much anything and is good value.
But I kinda would like to get hold of the frame Exess and Wattwagons use and build it to how I like, but I imagine that frame costs alot more and not really comparable.

Thanks a lot for your comprehensive feedback! You are the reason why I am avoiding local shops...they are only telling you stories of how good their product is but aren´t giving you a real objective view!
I´ve already build a custom e-bike with Bafang G510/M600 motor and this bike is simply great! The motor is drawing 1140W max. power which is indicated by the battery BMS connected via bluetooth to the app. Riding the bike with that Bafang motor is really fun, I do only use paddle assist without any thumb throttle. Its just thrill but on the other hand you are also doing sport exercise. I would never ever buy the brand name bikes with the bosch performance cx motor or all the other big motor brands available on the market. For the money at 4k to 7k these bikes with 250W motors are way too weary.
BUT more power is what I am aiming for. Whenever you experience riding a motorbike such as a KTM you always return with a smile in your face - pure adrenaline in your veins. The only thing is that a motorcycle is heavy and clumsy. Hence the Cyclone coaxial motor 4kW on a bike such as Seroxat with approx 35kg total weight may provide similar positive feelings :cool:
With the Seroxat bike I am aiming to diy build a 14s6p (probably 14s7p) if there is enough space in the down tube. Using the VTC6 battery cells it will result in approx 1kWh battery capacity. Hope that will give enough juice for a 3h ride.

Thanks once a gain for your feedback, especially your x/10 rating was tremendous valuable!

Back