BAFANG RM-G062 1000W-D REAR HUB MOTORFreewheel

dhealys

hi this anybody know what freewheel sprocket will go on the BAFANG RM-G062 1000W-D REAR HUB MOTOR.
ive ordered two from amazon and none of them will fit. really frustrating. would be be if anybody got one that
is compatible.

Is the motor threaded for a freewheel, or slotted for a cassette?

FREEWHEEL THREADED
Screen Shot 2022-05-09 at 11.55.49 AM.png

CASSETTE SLOTED
Screen Shot 2022-05-09 at 12.00.03 PM.png

yes a lot of confusion from bafang, they told me rear wheel was for both cassette and freewheel, which really confused me. so my understanding is that i need a cassette not a freewheel. as you can see from my pics its clear i have a cassette sloted one. i got the Shimano TY MF-TZ500 7-Speed 14-28 Tooth, but as i can see from the picture it does not fit. im guessing i need this instead (Hycline Shimano 7/8 Speed Bike Cassette CS-HG200 Bike Sprocket,12-32 Teeth)
can you confirm. also i wanted a 7 speed one, as i dont want to change derailler or shifter. do i need an extra ring. appreciate the help. ive attached pics

Attachments

• Shimano TY MF-TZ500 7-Speed 14-28 Tooth.jpg
    Shimano TY MF-TZ500 7-Speed 14-28 Tooth.jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0340.jpg
    IMG_0340.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 202
I used a standard Shimano 9-spd cassette on the one I have. Actually have two - one is held in reserve in case the primary fails. An example would be the Shimano HG400-9, which is the one I use. But any 9 spd cassette that has Shimano compatibility should do.

On the freewheel threading, they take standard threading (NOT metric BMX threading)... again standard Shimano will work. This is what I used on those motors. You cannot get any less than 16T on such a freewheel because of the size of the thread base, which is why BMX bikes use a smaller metric thread base.

I said 'cannot' but really that means 'should never'. There is a 14T on the market but it is garbage. the topmost review is me. Which includes the pic of the destroyed-after-one-ride remnants of the thing.

Here is a 7-speed cassette (simple amazon search on '7 speed cassette' will answer your question). I would think it highly likely you will need a cassette spacer

Back