Bafang M420 and King-Meter Just One

AHA

Region
United Kingdom
Here's a question for the EBR community in general and @kongrui1984 in particular: I'm looking at buying an urban focussed ebike powered by the Bafang M420 coupled with the King-Meter Just One handlebar integrated display. Is this a good, compatible combination? What are the potential downsides to the Bafang motor? Appreciate that it's powerful, relatively quiet and IP65 but is it robust, reliable and does it give a good user experience compared to Bosch or Brass or Shimano? Also is the King-Meter Just One reliable? And is is possible or expensive to replace it if the OEM unit fails?

Any advice gratefully accepted. Thank you everyone! 🙏

Hi Thank you for quoting me, we have cooperate with Bafang for lot of years, and our products are compatible with their mid motor well.
What are the potential downsides to the Bafang motor? sorry, I'm not professional for the motor system, but Bafang as I know, they have doing quite good job for every producting process and inspections. I'm fully trust their motor and I 'm riding one for 3000km with no problem.
you can find lot of videos about the comparation between Bafang, Bosch, Brose, Shimano, they can maybe give you a better idea.
For King-meter display, we sold about 120m sets of displays in 2020, what I can tell you is give your fully trust about it. furthermore, we have new type named K5250, has replaced Just One style, and will no longer selling this in next year. you can have a look on our website: www.king-meter.com, the new one have integrated display module, so it is very easy to replace the display without detached your handlebar.
if you have any further question, please let me know.

Hi Thank you for quoting me, we have cooperate with Bafang for lot of years, and our products are compatible with their mid motor well.
What are the potential downsides to the Bafang motor? sorry, I'm not professional for the motor system, but Bafang as I know, they have doing quite good job for every producting process and inspections. I'm fully trust their motor and I 'm riding one for 3000km with no problem.
you can find lot of videos about the comparation between Bafang, Bosch, Brose, Shimano, they can maybe give you a better idea.
For King-meter display, we sold about 120m sets of displays in 2020, what I can tell you is give your fully trust about it. furthermore, we have new type named K5250, has replaced Just One style, and will no longer selling this in next year. you can have a look on our website: www.king-meter.com, the new one have integrated display module, so it is very easy to replace the display without detached your handlebar.
Many thanks. This is very useful. I‘m expecting to get delivery quite soon hopefully and I’m really looking forward to it.

Hey I think the handlebar mounted switch has developed a fault and I want to see if I can buy a replacement. Do you know the part number for the switch and where I could buy it in the EU or the UK? It's the switch that controls the on/off and the power level up and down. Thank you.

Back