Bafang DPC-07

MCQ MT

Region
USA
When charging a relatively new (4 hrs of use) 48v 17.5 Ah Jumbo Shark Pack with the smart battery charger (model UY240) to 100 % my Bafang display DPC-07 indicates only 70% charge. The lit charge indicator on the side of the battery shows 3 green and one red so approx 3/4 charge on this indicator. Charger does read 54.6 V or what is 100%. This is more than just a technicality for me as I typically ride routes here in Montana that are very remote and hilly loops. While riding I rely on the info (shown as bars) on the display to know as to how much batt I have remaining and how much effort to put into the pedals to conserve charge. If I get caught out without power I would be walking as I can't pedal this beast of a bike uphill when loaded down. An interesting observation during a long ride is that the charge level indicator on this display started and stayed at the 70% (7 bars) for nearly 2 hours of hilly riding. Does anyone know if this display is prone to showing inaccurate charge levels? Aside from carrying a multimeter and checking battery during ride (a big PITA) is there a more accurate display or is perhaps this battery/charger combo not charging fully even though the cahrger indicates that it is? My inquiry to Bafang Direct (where I bought the battery and charger) brought no help as they denied giving any feedback on the issue since I hadn't purchased the BBSHD motor from them. Instead they made it a point to tell me about how they might be superior to anywhere else I may have purchased my BBSHD, which happened to be Luna. Quite a weird way react to a past and possibly future customer I thought.

From Kevin at Bafang Direct

"We were able to find your purchase of a battery only from our company. (
My order did in fact include Battery and Charger)
This is not something that we can help or support you with as you didn't purchase your motor or display from our company. We hope the company that you purchased from is open on Saturdays like us with US based employees working in order to provide their customers with the same service and support that we provide to our customers"

Charge indicator batt and charger.jpg

Most displays are inaccurate as far as %
The only way might be to purchase the entire system from one vendor and have it calibrated by them before shipping if they offer the service.
On my 860c display it gives me the option to show voltage or percentage. Percentage is off but voltage is dead_on_balls acurate.

Most displays are inaccurate as far as %
The only way might be to purchase the entire system from one vendor and have it calibrated by them before shipping if they offer the service.
On my 860c display it gives me the option to show voltage or percentage. Percentage is off but voltage is dead_on_balls acurate.
Exactly what I do.

Does anyone know if the Bafang DPC-07 can show voltage? I don't see this function setting in the online manual

Back