Bafang BBS02 resistance

in which case you got what you paid for. Hopefully some future BBSxx buyers read this and learn.
While we can save money buying on AliExpress it’s a false economy if any support is needed. Where the buyer is out of their depth making repairs or troubleshooting. Sorry bud. I have a couple of UK contacts dealing in BBSxx series motors but like me they are worn down by AliExpress buyers expecting support from a business with no skin in the game.

in which case you got what you paid for. Hopefully some future BBSxx buyers read this and learn.
While we can save money buying on AliExpress it’s a false economy if any support is needed. Where the buyer is out of their depth making repairs or troubleshooting. Sorry bud. I have a couple of UK contacts dealing in BBSxx series motors but like me they are worn down by AliExpress buyers expecting support from a business with no skin in the game.

Rip off prices mates £1400 for the kit in UK

Rip off prices mates £1400 for the kit in UK
You are failing to understand that preloaded bearings are specified/used in all sorts of designs every day. Most of the time they're used in precision machinery where they can't have/there's no allowance for any slop. What little bit of drag is caused by that preload is generally not considered much of a factor.

If you want to keep messing with this, go for it. Just realize the people that designed it are 1. not ignorant, and 2. they've done this a few times.....

You can't fix something that's not broken....

Ans
You are failing to understand that preloaded bearings are specified/used in all sorts of designs every day. Most of the time they're used in precision machinery where they can't have/there's no allowance for any slop. What little bit of drag is caused by that preload is generally not considered much of a factor.

If you want to keep messing with this, go for it. Just realize the people that designed it are 1. not ignorant, and 2. they've done this a few times.....

You can't fix something that's not broken....

It doesn't feel right and Google search beings up fair number of people and person has more than one bafang kit and one has more resistance than the other.

Google search beings up fair number of people and person has more than one bafang kit and one has more resistance than the other.
You're cherry-picking reports. I'm telling you this has not been a problem. I've seen hundreds of motor sales in over 7 years of sales and shop rebuilds.

I'm reaching out to the two most experienced BBSxx mechanics I know. They have done scores of rebuilds and repairs. I'll report back and if I need to eat my words I'll admit I'm wrong. That said I did numerous repairs on the first versions of the BBSxx motors, pre-2016 versions. I just can't see how this is a mechanical problem, but I've been wrong before and Bafang quality control can be a nightmare.

Maybe 1400GBP isn't a rip off if it gets you support and a working bike.

I went back and reread the first post. You also reveal a battery problem? Details?

No battery problem, apart from I had to the bracket upside down. I've bought a bar whicll allow me to rotate the correct way up

That is on a lower Pas. So at Pas 1 it accelerates from standby assists the bday 10mph I feel it switches off (I'm pedalling) so it's not like I increase my speed to say 18mph with motor helping me a little, but still working at Pas 1.

On the way home tonight I had it at Pas 4 and that helps me to 15mph

Ans

It doesn't feel right and Google search beings up fair number of people and person has more than one bafang kit and one has more resistance than the other.
Because you read it on the internet? Really?

The downside of google and the like, is that they have grown so large that if you look long/hard enough, you can find somebody that will agree with you on anything. ANYTHING! It's how many conspiracy theories thrive. Is that something you're into as well?

What happened to common sense?

Find something broken and we can talk. Until then I'm done here.

As promised.

Still doesn’t fit for me. This mechanic is more familiar with Bafang non bbs series and I don’t get how this is possible. But here’s what he thinks is possible.

Yes the bearings definitely should be checked.

I have experienced this issue when the motor is not sitting level within the BB. This can can be caused by uneven BB material, slack in the motor when inserted into the BB and then tightened down, creating stress on the axle, the therefor axle will not turn as freely. I’m not a mechanical engineer, but have replaced bent axles, that I attributed to this angular stress. BB spacers can be problematic as well if not even when the locknut is tightened down.

I thought of that also, someone also said he loosened off the m33 cover and locking ring and that helped, but of course that needs to be tight otherwise motor rotates.

I'll take the right cover off and see what's happening and check bearings on the nylon gear

bearings on the nylon gear
The slowest selling replacement part has been the nylon gear. Sadly the internet has promulgated miss information. We saw very few failures when running with OEM controllers.

I've bought the gear and brake sensor on the gear sensor it has a arrow which direction should it be?

Google is your friend. Just Google, bafang gear sensor installation

I’m amazed by how easy it is to Google and get clear instructions for so many projects!

It doesn't mention which direction, if it even matters?

Attachments

• IMG_20220108_220854618.jpg
    IMG_20220108_220854618.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 186
Ok fitted to one of the yellow connectors near the bars but red exclamation when it's in gear
Means sensor is in the wrong way?

Back