Bafang 3 Pin Connecter Cable

stevet2233

Hi All,

I am replacing my current motor and looking to use a Bafang rear hub motor (i know its not top tier, but still better than my current one haha). The ebay post im looking to order it from showed the attached image as the connector on the motor, which is different from my current one(a 9 Pin), and they told me it would not come with the cable to go from the motor to the controller. I am having trouble finding a place I would be able to buy this cable, anyone have suggestions?

Thanks!
Steve

Attachments

• connecter.jpg
    connecter.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 2,236
Thanks, but pretty much everything on that search seems to be either for mid drive motors or for one of the various sensors. I need the main connection cable between a 750W rear hub motor and the controller. The image i posted is the end of the cable coming out of the motor if that makes things any more clear. attached a few more images here.

Attachments

• main image.jpg
    main image.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 1,032
  • wheel+connector.jpg
    wheel+connector.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 1,561
I was looking online at a motor like that last week. While it appears to have a three pin motor cable, these motors need 5-6 more pins to support the position sensors and a speed sensor ( which is why you have 9 pin cables). Pictures of the motor (link below) show an extension cable which might have 0 wires. Hard to tell, but if so, you would splice that to your controller.

Anyway, I kept looking til I found a motor with a standard 9 pin connector. That avoids splicing, as it will plug right into my present controller.

Looking at the first picture i posted a little more closely there are actually 10 pins on it! there are 7 embedded in the sides of the connector! Conveniently i found an extension cable for this type of cable, so that should have all the wires in it as well and give me what i need, so i ordered both the wheel assembly and the extension, now its just time to keep my fingers crossed lmao

Oh i know they aren't garbage by any means and pretty much every e-bike motor in existence is made in China, but there are some better brands than Bafang out there(i was hoping to find a Dapu, but couldn't find a 750W and wasn't feeling like buying a new battery too lol).

Looking at the first picture i posted a little more closely there are actually 10 pins on it! there are 7 embedded in the sides of the connector! Conveniently i found an extension cable for this type of cable, so that should have all the wires in it as well and give me what i need, so i ordered both the wheel assembly and the extension, now its just time to keep my fingers crossed lmao
Were you able to get the cable to work?
Can you post a link to what you bought?

Julet Z916​

63820981-6B31-4C6D-B629-4A087BC85D6C.png

232AFC85-7F13-4332-96CC-07D9EA6236C1.png

Back