Aventon level

RichM

I’m thinking about purchasing the Aventon Level. Not just because of the price but also as a Class III it has a throttle.
I’m from Central Massachusetts with lots of hills thanking the throttle assist may come in handy. Massachusetts has a wide range in weather. I’m looking for the good the bad and the ugly and whether you think this would be a wise decision to go with the Aventon. Thanks in advance

The Level should be a good bike, but you get the very similar Espin Sport, which weighs 7# less, for $1200. Speed limit is set at 20mph, but is adjustable through the control display.

I bought a Level as my first ebike several weeks ago Very happy with it overall. It‘s powerful, moves up hills well, looks great. On flat surfaces will easily get to 28 Mph. The throttle kicks in with a half turn of the pedals and is powerful and works in lots of situations. I am 215-220 and get 25-30 miles per charge which is perfect for my commute. Aventon is a well known, established brand. They have several partner shops all around the US who will service the bike.

The bad/ugly is that Aventon’s support is a little backed up right now (to be fair, every bike company and LBS is backed up). I’ve broken three spokes in the rear wheel, hub side And it’s taken a couple of weeks to sort it out. I think it was a defective wheel and they have sent a new one that my LBS will replace under warranty.

Knowing what I know, I would buy another Level in a heartbeat.

I bought a Level as my first ebike several weeks ago Very happy with it overall. It‘s powerful, moves up hills well, looks great. On flat surfaces will easily get to 28 Mph. The throttle kicks in with a half turn of the pedals and is powerful and works in lots of situations. I am 215-220 and get 25-30 miles per charge which is perfect for my commute. Aventon is a well known, established brand. They have several partner shops all around the US who will service the bike.

The bad/ugly is that Aventon’s support is a little backed up right now (to be fair, every bike company and LBS is backed up). I’ve broken three spokes in the rear wheel, hub side And it’s taken a couple of weeks to sort it out. I think it was a defective wheel and they have sent a new one that my LBS will replace under warranty.

Knowing what I know, I would buy another Level in a heartbeat.
Thank you for replying, any issues with the LBS servicing it?

I must have mixed up the weight with another bike I was looking at. 63 lbs. is definitely not light. My Evelo weighs that much and is a bear to lift.

Al P, from your suggestion with the review. I'm now looking at the Frey EX pro. With what I can see it looks like a great bike however i"m struggling with the web site.
I also had a look at the forum and found that they were having a issues a few weeks back shipping out faulty components but have stepped up and resolved those.
Thanks for sending the link my way The top 5 hybrid mountain/commuter electric bikes we've tested for summer 2020 - Electrek.
The Frey EX pro looks like a great bike if you intend to buy an insurance policy on it or intend not to leave it out of your sight for long.

I was thinking of an insurance policy anyways. Why would you say that, is it that hot of a bike? I would think the same would hold true for any Ebike.

Just bought a level and tried it out today- it's amazing, especially for the money. Tons of power, great torque, a solid and comfortable ride. You can't go wrong.
Kevintari when did you order it and how long of a wait time did you have before you received it? Thanks Rich

Back