Aventon Level Controller Info

@Tom@WashDC My controller finally came but guess what? The hex bolts connecting the battery terminal have rounded off! Annoyed! Now I need to find replacements before using an extractor bit to take the rounded ones off!
The bolts are countersunk M3 hex bolts but unsure of the exact size.

@Tom@WashDC My controller finally came but guess what? The hex bolts connecting the battery terminal have rounded off! Annoyed! Now I need to find replacements before using an extractor bit to take the rounded ones off!
The bolts are countersunk M3 hex bolts but unsure of the exact size.
Oh Jeez! If you are talking about the three screws under the downtube that hold the battery terminal in place, mine were Torx screws.
When you say "rounded off", do you mean you stripped them? As far as replacements go, I replaced mine with hex screws.

Oh Jeez! If you are talking about the three screws under the downtube that hold the battery terminal in place, mine were Torx screws.
When you say "rounded off", do you mean you stripped them? As far as replacements go, I replaced mine with hex screws.
Yes, stripped! As they’re countersunk it’ll be a mission trying to get them out, I’ll need to get an extractor tool, drill them out then use a suitable replacement to fix the terminal back.

@Tom@WashDC managed to get the screws of in preparation to install the new controller. I test the controller with monitor and it appears to have worked, not PAS though so few questions...

For the PAS sensor plug, my KT-22 (see exact model here) has a female? plug while the original Tongsheng controller has a male? How did you get around this? Did you splice the cable?
The motor wire is quite short compared to the Tongsheng did you also extend the cable?

Yes, as I recall I had a matching connector for the PAS and I spliced the wires. For the battery I just used 14G wire and soldered the connections and covered the wire with spiral wire wrap.
@Tom@WashDC managed to get the screws of in preparation to install the new controller. I test the controller with monitor and it appears to have worked, not PAS though so few questions...

For the PAS sensor plug, my KT-22 (see exact model here) has a female? plug while the original Tongsheng controller has a male? How did you get around this? Did you splice the cable?
The motor wire is quite short compared to the Tongsheng did you also extend the cable?

Best place to buy the KT controller and display in the US? Looks like on Amazon they're both in the $75 range, no idea if that's a reasonable price or not.
I've got about 100 miles on my Level, mostly around town and commuting to work. Has worked pretty well so far but I love modifying my stuff so this sounds like a good place to start.

Best place to buy the KT controller and display in the US? Looks like on Amazon they're both in the $75 range, no idea if that's a reasonable price or not.
I've got about 100 miles on my Level, mostly around town and commuting to work. Has worked pretty well so far but I love modifying my stuff so this sounds like a good place to start.
Amazon is quicker but if your patient, you can go for Aliexpress… it’ll take a good few weeks though!

Hello - I just got 2 Aventon Level bikes and I would like to get better PAS control, can anyone confirm if the KT 6 MOSFETS Controller (06A) will fit inside of the bikes tube and can anyone confirm that it will be all plug and play?

Hello - I just got 2 Aventon Level bikes and I would like to get better PAS control, can anyone confirm if the KT 6 MOSFETS Controller (06A) will fit inside of the bikes tube and can anyone confirm that it will be all plug and play?
can you send a link?

I judge it will fit. It is 15mm longer than the stock controller so it should have the clearance.

@Tom@WashDC @AHicks I've decided against using the KT-22a controller, I couldn't really mount it anywhere properly, tried to mount it like Tom, but could get it to fit quite right, I have a medium frame. I then ordered a controller box but due to the awkward frame, there's literally nowhere to mount it without the bike looking rubbish.
I am now looking in to getting a smaller controller so it's fits in to the down tube but I have a quick question, what's the difference between square/sine wave? Which one am I looking for?
Another long wait as I'll be ordering from China :(

Trying to find one that 'might' fit has proven to be a challenge. I assume the circuit board inside these controllers are as big as the housing(?) (I was thinking the guts could be transferred to a smaller housing)

Back