Atom x 5 2018 cut out

billyboy83

Region
Europe
Hello everyone.
I just buy myself a Atom X 5 2018 model.
After riding if for some days it started to turn of the assist in the middel of riding it. Just click on the display remote and i got back the assist. Everything works fine. Batteri and display dont shut of. Just the assist. And i can directly turn it back on. Happens now and then. Sometimes i can ride for 1 houer with no problem, sometimes it shut of 5 times in 40 min riding. Anyone had the same issue before? Thanks for all tips i can get

Somebody discovered on the Atom Lynx 6 Pro that the wire harness inside the frame had a sticky pin that would allow the display to continue to show but would cut power to the motor. If you remove the battery and look inside the frame where the battery contacts connect to a wire harness, you should be looking at the problem. If you can put a shim underneath the part attached to the frame, it might help. Try putting some electrical grease on the contacts (just a little bit) and re-seating the battery. Often, just removing and re-seating the battery allows the pin to spring back into place and everything works fine. Mine tends to cut out after I've hit a bit dip in the trail and the frame flexes its maximum amount. Good luck.

Somebody discovered on the Atom Lynx 6 Pro that the wire harness inside the frame had a sticky pin that would allow the display to continue to show but would cut power to the motor. If you remove the battery and look inside the frame where the battery contacts connect to a wire harness, you should be looking at the problem. If you can put a shim underneath the part attached to the frame, it might help. Try putting some electrical grease on the contacts (just a little bit) and re-seating the battery. Often, just removing and re-seating the battery allows the pin to spring back into place and everything works fine. Mine tends to cut out after I've hit a bit dip in the trail and the frame flexes its maximum amount. Good luck.
Hey. Thanks for your tip. Will have a look on that and tell you how it goes 🙂

Back