Atom Lynx 6 27.5 Pro

I spoke to a few BH dealers when deciding between Atom X and Rebel Lynx, and they all said universally that the proprietary BH batteries have a lot of reliability issues.

Same story here... I really liked the integrated battery design on the BH Atom, but the dealer strongly recommended the BH Rebel Lynx.

He mentioned a number of issues with the Battery and Brose motor integration so I went with the Yamaha PW-X system... its been trouble free.

Same story here... I really liked the integrated battery design on the BH Atom, but the dealer strongly recommended the BH Rebel Lynx.

He mentioned a number of issues with the Battery and Brose motor integration so I went with the Yamaha PW-X system... its been trouble free.
You got your bike from CL like I did. Interesting that they felt a need to relay this info to a chosen few but not me when I was making my purchase. A Google search shows a few isolated battery issues at best and nothing out of the ordinary when compared to other bikes. I found one BMS issue (resolved) and one where the latch lock wasn't working correctly. That's pretty much all I could find.

I'll give CL a call and inquire today to see if they confirm known BH Brose/Battery issue.

Last edited:
Contacted directly the person I bought from at CL. Without getting lengthy, and I already know about Brose motor belt issue and generally higher maintenance, but the battery and or battery/motor integration is, well, FUD.

I do know if I need/want another battery you've all made me paranoid enough to make sure it leaves the shop tested, especially at $1500 US.

Here she is resting in the garage. Anything specific you want to see? I can take more pics tomorrow when it gets light.

i-STtWxBW-X4.jpg
I ordered the same bike. Can you tell me if yours is limited to 16mph, just wondering since I saw someone mention it in the thread. if it's truly an EU spec bike, does it have walk mode? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered the same bike. Can you tell me if yours is limited to 16mph, just wondering since I saw someone mention it in the thread. if it's truly an EU spec bike, does it have walk mode? Thanks!
Assist to ~20 mph.
Walk mode - Yes

Perfect! For some reason I thought the US bikes had walk mode disabled, but maybe that's on the 5.5 w/Yamaha. Thanks.
It was postulated that some US distributors originally felt that having a walk mode was equivalent to having a throttle, and would therefore cause their bikes to lose their 'Class 1' status, but it now seems like they are getting over that.

My Rebel Lynx that I bought from CL unfortunately had the walk mode disabled...not sure if there is any way for a dealer to enable this?

My Rebel Lynx that I bought from CL unfortunately had the walk mode disabled...not sure if there is any way for a dealer to enable this?
Sounds like you have one with the Yamaha drive. Unfortunately when researching the 5.5 w/Yamaha it didn’t seem like there’s any way to enable walk mode.

Sounds like you have one with the Yamaha drive. Unfortunately when researching the 5.5 w/Yamaha it didn’t seem like there’s any way to enable walk mode.

I would not trade the solid reliability of the Yamaha motor for the known issues with the Brose documented here. YMMV. ;)

Last edited:
I not trade the solid reliability of the Yamaha motor for the known issues with the Brose documented here. YMMV. ;)
But... German engineering! j/k I wasn't trying to make a value judgement on the Yamaha, just that they seem to have made it impossible to enable Walk mode for US market motors.

PS- I have a 911 too. Great cars.

I just ordered and received an Atom Lynx 6 27.5 Pro from Crazy Lenny's, and figured I would post a little review.

The bike went together super easy. I was very excited for my first ride. Very shortly after getting out on the trail and pedaling around the first corner I had a massive pedal strike. The pedal strikes continued to plague me the entire ride so badly I thought something might get damaged. Everything else about the bike was great, but I was very frustrated with the pedal strikes and was afraid that it was some type of flaw with the design.

After doing some research later I realized that I had too much rear suspension sag which was likely a big contributing factor. Easy fix. I also noticed that the 27.5 x 2.6" tires did not offer the height of my other bikes. So I swapped some 27.5 x 2.8" tires on, which gave me an extra inch of height. My next ride out with the sag adjusted and the taller tires, I didn't get barely any pedal strikes. In addition I also ordered some 160mm crank arms (stock are 170 or 175mm, I don't remember). So that will help even more and maybe I will go back to the original 2.6" tires because the 2.8" maybe a little wide for the stock rims.

The other thing I noticed on my first ride was that after about 1 - 2 miles I noticed a squeaking sound which seemed like it was coming from the motor while pedaling. It made the sound while the motor was off or on. After 4 rides on the bike now it seems this noise is starting to fade away so hopefully it is nothing.

The battery is way overkill for what I need. I've been using about 20% of the battery on the 10 mile trail that I frequent the most. I wish I could get a battery that was half the size to help cut down on weight. The bike does seem a little front heavy to me. I was thinking if I could somehow get a battery half the size with the front half compartment empty that would be sweet, but probably no chance of that happening.

The motor is great, nearly as silent as my fat bike with a BBSHD conversion. I really like the silence factor and the integrated battery. I wouldn't want it to be super obvious that it is an ebike due to all the hate ebikes get from the typical MTB crowd. I still haven't noticed anyone else with an ebike at my local trail. The motor also has plenty of power for me. I typically ride in eco and tour, rarely using the the 2 most powerful assist levels.

This is my first full suspension bike and the nicest suspension components I have ever had on a bike, and I'm very happy with it.

Overall I'm very happy with the bike, especially for the price I paid. I have to believe the bike is comparable to a Levo, and I paid just a fraction of what one of those bikes cost. I couldn't even get a used demo Levo for anywhere near what I paid for this bike.

Attachments

• 20200516_121424.jpg
    20200516_121424.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 506
I just ordered and received an Atom Lynx 6 27.5 Pro from Crazy Lenny's, and figured I would post a little review.

The bike went together super easy. I was very excited for my first ride. Very shortly after getting out on the trail and pedaling around the first corner I had a massive pedal strike. The pedal strikes continued to plague me the entire ride so badly I thought something might get damaged. Everything else about the bike was great, but I was very frustrated with the pedal strikes and was afraid that it was some type of flaw with the design.

After doing some research later I realized that I had too much rear suspension sag which was likely a big contributing factor. Easy fix. I also noticed that the 27.5 x 2.6" tires did not offer the height of my other bikes. So I swapped some 27.5 x 2.8" tires on, which gave me an extra inch of height. My next ride out with the sag adjusted and the taller tires, I didn't get barely any pedal strikes. In addition I also ordered some 160mm crank arms (stock are 170 or 175mm, I don't remember). So that will help even more and maybe I will go back to the original 2.6" tires because the 2.8" maybe a little wide for the stock rims.

The other thing I noticed on my first ride was that after about 1 - 2 miles I noticed a squeaking sound which seemed like it was coming from the motor while pedaling. It made the sound while the motor was off or on. After 4 rides on the bike now it seems this noise is starting to fade away so hopefully it is nothing.

The battery is way overkill for what I need. I've been using about 20% of the battery on the 10 mile trail that I frequent the most. I wish I could get a battery that was half the size to help cut down on weight. The bike does seem a little front heavy to me. I was thinking if I could somehow get a battery half the size with the front half compartment empty that would be sweet, but probably no chance of that happening.

The motor is great, nearly as silent as my fat bike with a BBSHD conversion. I really like the silence factor and the integrated battery. I wouldn't want it to be super obvious that it is an ebike due to all the hate ebikes get from the typical MTB crowd. I still haven't noticed anyone else with an ebike at my local trail. The motor also has plenty of power for me. I typically ride in eco and tour, rarely using the the 2 most powerful assist levels.

This is my first full suspension bike and the nicest suspension components I have ever had on a bike, and I'm very happy with it.

Overall I'm very happy with the bike, especially for the price I paid. I have to believe the bike is comparable to a Levo, and I paid just a fraction of what one of those bikes cost. I couldn't even get a used demo Levo for anywhere near what I paid for this bike.

Congrats on your new bike from CL... the Atom Lynx 6 27.5 Pro is a really nice ride. Glad to hear you were able to increase the ride height and solve the pedal strike issue.

Regarding the squeaking sound, check the torque on the motor mounting bolts and also the smaller bolts on the bash guard... this fixed the issue on my BH.

1589843895706.png

Thanks! I was planning on taking the motor guards off and checking everything out in there when my new crank arms come in.

Question: Does anyone know where to find the serial number and key code number to register the bike on BH's website?

The serial number is engraved somewhere on the bike, likely the side of the downtube. For the key code, check on the physical key to the battery.

The serial number is engraved somewhere on the bike, likely the side of the downtube. For the key code, check on the physical key to the battery.

Correct, the serial number should be located on the seat tube near the bottom bracket and the key code is laser etched on the key.

I have a BH Atomx Lynx 5 27.5 plus pro, I made a rookie mistake when ordering a new chain. Ordered 1x11 128 inches will not climb to granny gears. Destroyed old chain making a chain whip. What is the correct length for my bike ? Thanks

I have a BH Atomx Lynx 5 27.5 plus pro, I made a rookie mistake when ordering a new chain. Ordered 1x11 128 inches will not climb to granny gears. Destroyed old chain making a chain whip. What is the correct length for my bike ? Thanks
I can't directly answer your question as I don't own the same bike. Maybe someone here will. You can measure for a chain length.

Happy Valley;) I'm a bit south. Welcome to the forum.

Back