GaryRFM

Attachments

• 2018 Stunner lt.jpg
    2018 Stunner lt.jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 910
  • headlamp test.jpg
    headlamp test.jpg
    407.6 KB · Views: 779
How does the light compare with, say, the Light and Motion Seca E-Bike? Which has 1800 lumens and costs half as much.

There are lots of great lights on the market that are in that price range or less.

How many volts does that light take? Light is connected strait to battery so for me 54v but I guessing it's rated for 60v

How does the light compare? Their is lots of great light's on the market that are better and cheaper.
The reason I added this light was is good not over powering and runs off main battery.
90 % of my riding at night so peace of mind is great.

How many volts does that light take? Light is connected strait to battery so for me 54v but I guessing it's rated for 60v

How does the light compare? Their is lots of great light's on the market that are better and cheaper.
The reason I added this light was is good not over powering and runs off main battery.
90 % of my riding at night so peace of mind is great.

Takes in up to 58V

What I'm really asking is, the STOCK wire coming from the controller to the stock light has 48V on it?

The stock 6V is used as a signal wire on our Armageddon light to turn it on and off. We don't power the light off it.
Yep, got that. But it is used to power the stock 6V LED that comes on the bike
I was just curious to the actual voltage on the wire.

A replacement of the stock light using that wire, would require either a 6v light or voltage regulation(probably an up convertor) to match an LED light bar.
IF you want to power off the stock wire VS going back to the battery.

Yep, got that. But it is used to power the stock 6V LED that comes on the bike
I was just curious to the actual voltage on the wire.

A replacement of the stock light using that wire, would require either a 6v light or voltage regulation(probably an up convertor) to match an LED light bar.
IF you want to power off the stock wire VS going back to the battery.

That 6V wire can't provide the necessary amperage for these bigger lights, which is why Biktrix developed this lighting assembly...

By taking typical 6V headlight outputs from various Bafang/etc head units, and using it to switch higher (main) voltage to operate the more powerful headlight, you end up with a lighting assembly which can be installed to many different ebikes, which is awesome, because it means you can switch the headlight from the main button pad, or even trigger it by photo-sensor (on display models like Bafang DPC-18, on the Ultra bikes). That photo-sensor is also adjustable in settings for trigger sensitivity...

Additionally, there's always the option of adding integrated running lights/tail light into this config, all on the same lighting circuit, taking care to use lights which can run at the higher voltage (higher voltage lights are ideal, since they don't need thick wires to deliver power). That would be DIY custom job, but perhaps (I'd figure, pretty likely), future bikes might come with complete lighting solution all pre-integrated.

I know a few people have cooked up this sort of solution before, I was going to myself actually and still plan to this spring, I'm really glad Biktrix developed and tested a solid and cost-effective solution I can build from. The light itself is well suited to the task, I took it for some testing! Compares well against higher end lighting, I run an Outbound light on my daily ($200 USD and lacks battery/bike integration, unfortunately). Good lighting quality is a fine feature, but in my opinion, integration and running off the main battery are more valuable for the cyclists experience.

Last edited:
That 6V wire can't provide the necessary amperage for these bigger lights, which is why Biktrix developed this lighting assembly...

By taking typical 6V headlight outputs from various Bafang/etc head units, and using it to switch higher (main) voltage to operate the more powerful headlight, you end up with a lighting assembly which can be installed to many different ebikes, which is awesome, because it means you can switch the headlight from the main button pad, or even trigger it by photo-sensor (on display models like Bafang DPC-18, on the Ultra bikes). That photo-sensor is also adjustable in settings for trigger sensitivity...

Additionally, there's always the option of adding integrated running lights/tail light into this config, all on the same lighting circuit, taking care to use lights which can run at the higher voltage (higher voltage lights are ideal, since they don't need thick wires to deliver power). That would be DIY custom job, but perhaps (I'd figure, pretty likely), future bikes might come with complete lighting solution all pre-integrated.

I know a few people have cooked up this sort of solution before, I was going to myself actually and still plan to this spring, I'm really glad Biktrix developed and tested a solid and cost-effective solution I can build from. The light itself is well suited to the task, I took it for some testing! Compares well against higher end lighting, I run an Outbound light on my daily ($200 USD and lacks battery/bike integration, unfortunately). Good lighting quality is a fine feature, but in my opinion, integration and running off the main battery are more valuable for the cyclists experience.
Good read. I found that out myself, even with an up convertor for voltage there still isn't enough amps to keep the bigger lights going. They will come on but they will flicker like you are at the disco. Going back to the battery is about the only way.

Last edited:
For those who have the Armageddon Headlight on their bike.

I am looking at purchasing the Armageddon Head
Light and I am wondering what it would be like in an Urban Setting with Pedestrians and Vehicle Traffic, just concerned about glare and blinding people and oncoming traffic.

Is it OK in this environment or is it strictly an Off Road Light?

I do both Trail and Urban riding and I can see where it would be awesome on the Trail.

Thanks

This light doesn't appear to have a distinct upper cutoff in its beam pattern. I would recommend that you not use it with such brightness on the road in an urban environment.

The light comes with black tape along the top for a cutoff pattern, works good in practice, I've done a lot of test riding with this light, no pedestrians have screamed at me even once!

Back