Ariel Rider X-Class 52V Step Thru Review

I don't really care for a person doing a review on a new vehicle. I like the honest long term, higher miles review. And its funny because I was looking at one of those. Great power, fair price and a known brand. But I'm with foofer, its just to "moped" for my needs. I know the cops will stop me constantly and ask questions, and thieves will drool over it when locked up. If I need something faster than 20mph (or 26mph if I'm running late and its safe to open it up) I'll just get a gas moped. But Ariel Riders are pretty cool.

What did you have? I love me some motor scooters. Owned everything from P200E Vespas to a Honda Silverwing. Favorite was a Honda Helix! My wife calls me a scooter whore because I replace them every 3 years.
Owned a:
Honda Elite 80. First new scooter.
Honda Helix.
Kymco People 250. The ugly one.
Another Helix.
Burgman 200.
SYM CityCom 300i,
Yamaha Zuma 125.
Whole bunch of 50cc 2-strokes mixed in. Mostly Zumas.
Honda Silverwing.
Genuine Buddy 125 x 2. Wife and I.
Vespa P200E.
Spanish made Lambretta 200,
Honda Elite 250.
Yamaha Beluga 80cc 2-stroke. YUCK!
This list is not in any order. Plus I know I forgot a few.
Current is a Piaggio Liberty 150.
Tempted by the new Piaggio BV400 BUT no longer need the extra power and speed.
New Honda Super Cud is SEXY!

A fixed seat height is only good if your inseam is the length that the bike was designed for. Most people won’t be able to pedal it without risking knee injury. I agree with the posts above. It seems to be another e-moped trying to pass itself off as an e-bike.

I think the “review” is biased. The bike may be exactly what some people are looking for and it may be a good value for them, but it’s specs make it an e-moped.

Last edited:
Back