Ariel Rider launches 3,000W AWD dual suspension electric moped with two batteries

FlatSix911

Region
USA
City
Silicon Valley
Ariel Rider launches 3,000W AWD dual suspension electric moped with two batteries (electrek.co)

"The powerful Grizzly sits on a pair of 20″ fat tires wrapped around 750W continuous motors that each put out 1,500W of peak power. That means you’re looking at a 3 kW peak-rated electric moped here, folks. Those motors are also custom spec’d with Ariel Riders’ own patented metal reinforced gears instead of the typical nylon gears found in most standard geared-motor e-bikes. The metal reinforcement makes the motors a bit louder than others, but also helps them handle the extreme power that Ariel Rider regularly dumps into them.

Ariel Rider doesn’t even list the speed of the Grizzly, which might make it one those “If you have to ask…” situations. The Ariel Rider D-Class rocketed me up to 33 mph (53 km/h) though and all indications are that the Grizzly should match if not surpass the D-Class’s performance. Most of Ariel Rider’s e-bikes ship with a 20 mph (32 km/h) factory installed speed limiter, and it is the responsibility of the rider to decide when and where to remove the speed limit.

• A handlebar-mounted switch lets riders control traction with either front wheel drive, rear wheel drive or AWD.
  • The front fork is an upgraded version of the one on the D-Class and the rear now gets dual coilover shocks.
  • The battery voltage has been bumped from 48V to 52V (which gives around a 7% power/speed boost) and a second battery was added to the frame.
  • Between the 52V 17.5 Ah battery under the seat and the 52V 14Ah battery on the downtube, the bike packs in over 1,600 watt-hours of capacity.
  • That’s enough capacity for up to 60 miles (100 km) of range, according to the company.
  • Hydraulic disc brakes and knobby fat tires should give plenty of safe grip for hitting trails, which is where the full-suspension design will really come in handy.
  • And the Grizzly even includes a full fender set so you won’t rooster tail mud onto yourself or onto all the chicks you pick up on the trail.
The Ariel Rider Grizzly is currently on pre-order with shipping expected in the beginning of February. The $3,299 e-bike is currently marked down to $2,799 as part of a combined early promo and Black Friday sale. In fact, Ariel Rider has a number of Black Friday deals on its other bikes you’ll likely want to check out. And until then, check out my video review of the Ariel Rider D-Class, below. It is nearly as insanely powerful and definitely worth a look"

ariel rider grizzly e-bike

my best friend purchased one yesterday! i think im more excited than him lol, offered to put it together for him as long as i get first ride!
i cant wait!

I think bike / mopeds like these are cool although I wonder how they are if you actually want to pedal. The only thing I don't like about them is I have a feeling they're going to inspire more and more regulation of electric bikes.

Last edited:
Wish I could afford one, I'd would have copped it on Black Friday...I saw the deal before it was posted here, such a badass bike. :p

I think bike / mopeds like these are cool although I wonder how they are if you actually want to pedal. The only thing I don't like about them is I have a feeling they're going to inspire more and more regulation of electric bikes.
i used to worry about scramblers and increased regulation then, Onyx and Suron happened, now it seems people are actually installing the pedal kit on Suron, what a joke, you can see how functional they are at 2 min, this is out of control,just enjoy your ebike while you still can.....

Last edited:
If anything they should just be registered as Mopeds, aka 49cc bikes, which are limited to about 5hp if I remember correctly, at least here in Florida. You need a drivers license and a title/register the bike and it would need turn signals and such but at 30mph+ I would say those are necessary.

i used to worry about scramblers and increased regulation then, Onyx and Suron happened, now it seems people are actually installing the pedal kit on Suron, what a joke, you can see how functional they are at 2 min, this is out of control,just enjoy your ebike while you still can.....
In that video, one guy has a sign where his license is suppose to be that says 750W, and then he gets asked what is the real power and he says 5000W, those are the guys that are going to ruin it for everybody.

Has anyone got the grizzly? I been looking to upgrade my ebike, as i currently have the lectrip XP but i think the grizzly is on a whole nother level. Currently I commute from The Bronx to 55th street in Manhattan; my battery and speed is ok but I would like to move a bit faster to get to and from work quicker. I spend most of my commute to the city on PAS3 due to acceleration and battery mgmt. Looking for any feedback from other riders, how much of an upgrade is it over the D class since its pretty much the D class on roids. Any feedback info is helpful and appreciated.

Has anyone got the grizzly? I been looking to upgrade my ebike, as i currently have the lectrip XP but i think the grizzly is on a whole nother level. Currently I commute from The Bronx to 55th street in Manhattan; my battery and speed is ok but I would like to move a bit faster to get to and from work quicker. I spend most of my commute to the city on PAS3 due to acceleration and battery mgmt. Looking for any feedback from other riders, how much of an upgrade is it over the D class since its pretty much the D class on roids. Any feedback info is helpful and appreciated.
its faster than the D-Class, and has full suspension! and far more range! for me the added range could be the biggest plus!
its also very fast, the Grizzly does 35mph with ease, it does 33mph with just the rear motor,its a very fast bike and a huge upgrade over the Lectric so be mindful, my buddy should have his today or tomorrow, he wants to ride but unfortunately lost his leg in a car crash so things like pedaling or changing gears on a motor cycle are really tough for him, the Grizzly should be perfect, now the issue changes from him trying to keep up, to me trying to keep up lol
this guy just got his! note the weird plastic plate or whatever that is on the frame does not come with the bike, its just something this guy added on, not sure why? looks awful imo, makes the bike look like a motor cycle

Last edited:
its faster than the D-Class, and has full suspension! and far more range! for me the added range could be the biggest plus!
its also very fast, the Grizzly does 35mph with ease, it does 33mph with just the rear motor,its a very fast bike and a huge upgrade over the Lectric so be mindful, my buddy should have his today or tomorrow, he wants to ride but unfortunately lost his leg in a car crash so things like pedaling or changing gears on a motor cycle are really tough for him, the Grizzly should be perfect, now the issue changes from him trying to keep up to me trying to keep up lol
this guy just got his! note the weird plastic plate or whatever that is on the frame does not come with the bike, its just something this guy added on, not sure why? looks awful imo, makes the bike look like a motor cycle
Thanks for the prompt response. I def saw some of his videos and noticed that plate too. I guess everyone has their preference. I def was looking at the grizzly for those reasons for battery, speed and distance. I love my Lectric but I do have to do a bit of battery mgmt varying the throttle, and cruising on my commute to and from work so I don't run out of power. I also pretty much stick to under 20mph but man its nice when I am doing 26+mph. As the weather continues to get nicer I def see myself using my ebike as a daily commuter. I would like to permanently eliminate getting on the train and limit my time on city buses.

Congrats to your buddy on his purchase and sorry to hear about his accident i'm sure the bike helps him get out and around. I actually saw a video on YT of a guy using the D class but he had a prosthetic leg but man did he look like he is having a blast on that e-bike.

So i took the plunge and put in the order for my own Ariel - Grizzly. Now I just have to wait until around the end of May early June for it to come in. Never owned/rode a bike that powerful but hope it lives up to the hype.

So i took the plunge and put in the order for my own Ariel - Grizzly.
Now I just have to wait until around the end of May early June for it to come in. Never owned/rode a bike that powerful but hope it lives up to the hype.

Congratulations on the new Grizzly... let us know how you like the ride when it arrives.

oh man just got back from putting together my buddies grizzly and you want to talk about fun! that little bike is just a blast! first time i have ever ridden a Full Suspension Fat Bike and i loved it! just seemed to float over everything,the ride was so soft and forgiving compared to what im used to,the PAS was surprisingly good and the power is just nuts!im a big 250lb guy and the bike was climbing like i was a 50lb child! poor bike was covered in dirt and mud within 10mins lol ,my buddy loves it,took it to work with him! all you guys waiting no worries the bike is worth the wait and loads of fun!..............and yes i was riding offroad on Private Property! how and where my buddy rides, i reckon thats his own business.

Last edited:
Back