Arghhhhh! My New Bike😡😡

Here’s good service for you…I messaged support last night and first thing this morning got the following reply…
*Toby*
Hi Derek. Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, the tabs can't be repaired, it will be a new unit I'm afraid. The TCD retails at £269.90. However, we can do an assisted purchase. This is where we reduce the retail by price by up to 35%. After discount, the new unit would cost £175.43.
The TCD will need to be ordered via your local Specialized retailer.

I then asked about the battery….
*Toby*
It does. It has a Li-polymer battery which can't be replaced/removed.

So I hope the battery lasts as spending £269 when the battery runs out is a little expensive!

anyway I think I will try a repair first. I will post on here the outcome as I’m sure others will have the same issue.

I then asked about the battery….
*Toby*
It does. It has a Li-polymer battery which can't be replaced/removed.

So I hope the battery lasts as spending £269 when the battery runs out is a little expensive!

Okay, guess ya can't believe everything you read on the internet. :p I've edited my prior post.

Li-polymer is a rechargeable battery type - its use in the TCD-w suggests it serves to hold data in the TCD when the main battery is removed for a while, and presumably is charged from the main battery when it's present. Given this usage it should last many many years - likely longer than the functional life of the bike.

So I'd still go with something like the adhesive mount I posted before - stick it to the bottom of your TCD and it'll let you continue to use the mount. The sort of adhesive typically used (3M VHB tape) should hold just fine in all conditions you'll use the bike, yet still be removeable should you ever need to do so.

Okay, guess ya can't believe everything you read on the internet. :p I've edited my prior post.

Li-polymer is a rechargeable battery type - its use in the TCD-w suggests it serves to hold data in the TCD when the main battery is removed for a while, and presumably is charged from the main battery when it's present. Given this usage it should last many many years - likely longer than the functional life of the bike.

So I'd still go with something like the adhesive mount I posted before - stick it to the bottom of your TCD and it'll let you continue to use the mount. The sort of adhesive typically used (3M VHB tape) should hold just fine in all conditions you'll use the bike, yet still be removeable should you ever need to do so.
Yep thanks, got one on Amazon being delivered tomorrow…hopefully the fitting for a garmin is the same, it’s then just a simple fix to stick it onto the existing circular plate which has the broken tab. Fingers crossed.
will keep you posted.

Yep thanks, got one on Amazon being delivered tomorrow…hopefully the fitting for a garmin is the same, it’s then just a simple fix to stick it onto the existing circular plate which has the broken tab. Fingers crossed.
will keep you posted.

My 2022 Vado display and mount are garmin quarter-turn compatible - I've tested with my Edge 830 and another Garmin mount.

Well I ended up buying 2, one from eBay and one from Amazon. The on from Amazon was slightly larger and rectangular but the one from eBay fits perfectly. It was 4cm x 4cm. Easy to fit just make sure you get it aligned first time if possible. Will it last? I think so although if I need to remove it I will twist the new plate rather than the TCD.
so £4.40 rather than big bucks…result!

Attachments

• A41F1E0F-301F-4BEA-99AD-31D71D459CE4.jpeg
    A41F1E0F-301F-4BEA-99AD-31D71D459CE4.jpeg
    863.3 KB · Views: 129
  • 48AE061C-754D-4187-B910-F9C2131B41C7.jpeg
    48AE061C-754D-4187-B910-F9C2131B41C7.jpeg
    659.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 8D4DFCC4-ACEC-446E-AE1C-BBDB798B7474.jpeg
    8D4DFCC4-ACEC-446E-AE1C-BBDB798B7474.jpeg
    596.5 KB · Views: 114
Back