Are throttles the devil?

Just saying that you were starting to sound like a recording and maybe you should let that thought go for now. Try not to get so defensive and jump down my throat for making an observation.
You completely misconstrued the comment. And an important awareness for users of mid drives. Many read here and in this thread. You choose to make a terse quip. So, yes the tone was defensive. As I wrote, "all good when you stop and understand."

You completely misconstrued the comment. And an important awareness for users of mid drives. Many read here and in this thread. You choose to make a terse quip. So, yes the tone was defensive. As I wrote, "all good when you stop and understand."
It bears repeating. Mid-drive bikes with throttles are a very new addition to what for most people is a new experience..ebikes. My experience as a newbie scanning ebike forums is they ALL have a large contingent of newbies reading. These folks need to learn how to operate throttles on a mid-drive motor, and it's not intuitive. Keep talking.

Last edited:
A good rule of thumb when using a throttle with a mid drive is to never accelerate past your pedaling cadence for long periods of time. This means you should always be able to feel your pedaling input adding power to the system, if you can't, time to back off the throttle a little. One thing for sure you cannot use an ebike throttle on ANY motor system like you would with an IC engine. Electricity produces heat.

Back