Are GT E-bikes not sold in the US?

Bill_12831

I came across this site https://www.gtbicycles.com/int_en/bikes/power-series.. I was just researching ebikes and I thought of GT since I just bought my young son a GT mountain bike at Dick's Sporting Goods. I looked at the forums here and there is no GT category under brands and I couldn't find any prices on the bikes or places they are sold in the US.

Anyway, the bikes look nice I'd be curious to learn more.

Were you looking at their Grade gravel e-bikes on Bike Radar, by any chance? :)

In any case, they DO have a US site using the "Change region" option, but their "Power Series" isn't listed in either Canada or the US, at least not yet.

I only know this because I'm helping a friend try to pick a bike, though he keeps going back to the Vado SL. I wish he'd make up his mind, either way. Phone calls EVERY DAY. I say this because he lurks here, and he knows my user name. :D

Were you looking at their Grade gravel e-bikes on Bike Radar, by any chance? :)

In any case, they DO have a US site using the "Change region" option, but their "Power Series" isn't listed in either Canada or the US, at least not yet.

I only know this because I'm helping a friend try to pick a bike, though he keeps going back to the Vado SL. I wish he'd make up his mind, either way. Phone calls EVERY DAY. I say this because he lurks here, and he knows my user name. :D
I didn’t find it on bike radar but I’ll check it out. I had purchased a GT kids mountain bike for my son and I liked their bikes so I googled if they made ebikes and sure enough they do but not sold in US that I can see. I wonder if Dicks Sporting Goods chain will carry them since they sell GT bikes and are probably one of the largest distributor for them. I own a GT Avalanche and thought it was a good bang for your buck. I also have a Trek Allan +7s ebike and a home brew front hub ebike out of a older trek mountain bike.
A gravel bike would probably be my next bike. An electric one.
91106C20-7BFE-4223-BBFB-FB0376CAD2D6.jpeg

I didn’t find it on bike radar but I’ll check it out. I had purchased a GT kids mountain bike for my son and I liked their bikes so I googled if they made ebikes and sure enough they do but not sold in US that I can see. I wonder if Dicks Sporting Goods chain will carry them since they sell GT bikes and are probably one of the largest distributor for them. I own a GT Avalanche and thought it was a good bang for your buck. I also have a Trek Allan +7s ebike and a home brew front hub ebike out of a older trek mountain bike.
A gravel bike would probably be my next bike. An electric one.
Here's the Bike Radar article... I really like the bronze colour on the top model. I just don't have any experience with a Mahle powered e-bike...

lol their description is confusing..

it says it comes with E8000 motor but the picture is showing EP8.
Ha! They're far from the first to have screwed up e-bike specs... it's like the marketing people forget to speak to the web people.

For months, Specialized's site was still listing the Vado SL at 28mh in Canada... Heck, just yesterday they still had the Vado SL 5.0 on their Canadian website, but when I spoke to a LBS, they said that only the 4.0 EQ was available. Who knows? :)

As for the Sportchek , I saw that one, but it's just clearance stock. 2018 model, E6000 motor, and only available in medium frame. $2,200 Canadian isn't bad for a Shimano motor though.

Could be that GT is planning on getting their newer line-up international, but focusing on EU/UK to start?

Back