Are eBike bans actually enforced?

Only a fool would worry so much. So we can simply agree to disagree. IMO you completely jacked the subject, but whatever.
I'm going riding. 😇

I think you missed the point. This has nothing to do with ebike bans.
"...actually enforced"
Law enforcement enforces laws and regulations. Regulations are directly related to costs and safety. Costs and safety are directly related to insurance.

Only a fool would worry so much. So we can simply agree to disagree. IMO you completely jacked the subject, but whatever.
I'm going riding. 😇

I think you missed the point. This has nothing to do with ebike bans.
Of course you are Mr. Eye.

"...actually enforced"
Law enforcement enforces laws and regulations. Regulations are directly related to costs and safety. Costs and safety are directly related to insurance.
And there's the reason that the federal definition of an ebike is so important.

"Electric-assisted bicycles have been defined and regulated at the federal level since 2002. Public Law 107-319 established that electric bicycles are regulated as consumer products under the Consumer Product Safety Act, and more specifically, subject to the same regulations that govern traditional, human-powered bicycles."

"Under federal law, an electric bicycle is referred to as a “low-speed electric bicycle,” which is defined as “a two- or three-wheeled vehicle with fully operable pedals and an electric motor of less than 750 watts (1 h.p.), whose maximum speed on a paved level surface, when powered solely by such a motor while ridden by an operator who weighs 170 pounds, is less than 20 mph.” Significantly, this definition provides a maximum assisted speed that an electric bicycle can travel when being powered only by the motor, but does not provide a maximum assisted speed for when an electric bicycle is being powered by a combination of human and motor power."

It's the individual states and insurance companies that have been setting the three-class structure for ebike operation and restriction. The federal definition is most advantageous to ebike riders unless they want little electric motorcycles.

A Class-1 "ebike" isn't even considered a motor vehicle and shares all the benefits of a standard bicycle. The more that people willingly disregard ebike laws, and regulations, the more the existing laws will be tightened. I understand this way of thinking for a child, I mean... their kids with no perspective other than their own. When it comes from an adult it's nothing but disappointing, not unexpected, just disappointing.

[...]
A Class-1 "ebike" isn't even considered a motor vehicle and shares all the benefits of a standard bicycle. The more that people willingly disregard ebike laws, and regulations, the more the existing laws will be tightened. I understand this way of thinking for a child, I mean... their kids with no perspective other than their own. When it comes from an adult it's nothing but disappointing, not unexpected, just disappointing.

Interestingly, in British Columbia, all bicycles are considered motor vehicles under the BC Motor Vehicle Act. Bicycles have all the same rights and responsibilities as any other vehicle on the road here.

Interestingly, in British Columbia, all bicycles are considered motor vehicles under the BC Motor Vehicle Act. Bicycles have all the same rights and responsibilities as any other vehicle on the road here.
In America bikes have the same rights (and responsibilities as you point out) to road use as vehicles as long as they are defined as a bike (Class-1).

Back