Are Bosch Speed 28mph motors programmed different?

ya my bulls was too. but all the bosch parts are in the UK. my trek was built in Germany. my tandem in Hungary. Taiwan is where high quality bikes are built over china.
Yes, I worked in the bike industry for 20yrs but have been out of it for more than 10 now.

Canyons are built in Taiwan.
Bosch motors are made in Hungary, the European Union.
Brose motors are made in Berlin, Germany
Mahle motors are made in Europe
Yamaha motors are made in Japan.

Yes, bikes and e-bikes are made in Taiwan (as foofer said, Taiwan means high quality). The e-bike electronics is often Chinese, I give that.

Anyway, your Bosch motors come from Europe. (A fun fact: I hear the Chinese Bafang is now making its Euro motors in Wrocław, Poland, EU).

Also, to add, I pulled the battery out and its the 500W, not the 250 as shown on the decal below.\
The decal is the motor power, which is 250 Watts.

Your battery may have a capacity of 500 Wh, which is Watt-Hours. Watts and Watt-Hours are not the same, as one is power and one is capacity.
Watts = Volts * Amps
Watt-Hours = Volts * Amp-Hours (think 12 volt automotive batteries here).

Another unit of power measure besides Watts is Horsepower.

There are 4 performance motors.
Performanceline (65nm)
Performanceline Sport (65nm 28mph )
Performanceline CX (85nm)
Performanceline Speed (85nm 20mph)

The difference between 65nm and 85nm should be obvious as their bodies are different.

Edit changed last one to Speed was sport. Sorry about confusion.

Last edited:
Performanceline (65nm)
Performanceline Sport (85nm 20mph)

The difference between 65nm and 85nm should be obvious as their bodies are different.

what about Performance line Speed?

Performanceline (65nm)
Performanceline Sport (85nm 20mph)

getting weirder and weirder. so when I check via my Kiox, the reading says simply "Performance", not Performance CX like it does on my Trek. However the spec is supposed to be Performance Speed unit. This bike seriously struggles up hills that my Trek and Grail smoke up. def something wrong here.

Attachments

• perf.jpg
    perf.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 98
Performanceline (65nm)
Performanceline Speed (85nm 20mph)

Edit changed last one to Speed was sport. Sorry about confusion.
Edited.

65nm will give away 1,2 gears on climb compared to 85nm when in Turbo

Also check you modes are all same as there are various settings
Position)
1) Eco
2) Tour or Tour+
3)Sport or eMTB
4)Turbo
Tour+ (Eco-Turbo) and eMTB(Tour-Turbo) have variable power, push hard and they ramp up power to Turbo but you need to work to get it. Cruise and they are in lower power.

65nm will give away 1,2 gears on climb compared to 85nm when in Turbo

Also check you modes are all same as there are various settings
Position)
1) Eco
2) Tour or Tour+
3)Sport or eMTB
4)Turbo
Tour+ (Eco-Turbo) and eMTB(Tour-Turbo) have variable power, push hard and they ramp up power to Turbo but you need to work to get it. Cruise and they are in lower power.
Apples to apples, on both of my other bikes I ride 80% in Eco mode and only use tour for climbing with no issues. However, this motor really drags up hills in Tour mode. I have to move to sport mode and it really drains the battery quick. its sounds like they put a 65nm motor in this thing. will know more once they open tomor and i can get ahold of somebody. Luckily, I live 2 miles from the US office.

Apples to apples, on both of my other bikes I ride 80% in Eco mode and only use tour for climbing with no issues. However, this motor really drags up hills in Tour mode. I have to move to sport mode and it really drains the battery quick. its sounds like they put a 65nm motor in this thing. will know more once they open tomor and i can get ahold of somebody. Luckily, I live 2 miles from the US office.
Hey did you ever find out what's causing this? It looks like you have the CF 9 model - any thoughts on the CF vs the AL 5 model for sale?

I'm not an expert on motors, and I'm surprised that a motor would both put out less power AND drain the battery as much or more.than the more powerful motors you're comparing to...

Back